As many of you know, I decide to join in with Surmount the Stash 2012, launched by Revelations of a Delusional Knitter and hosted via Ravelry. I want to use the yarn I have, be more selective in adding new yarn to my stash and reduce the number of WIPs and unneeded FOs around the house. I set forth a month by month plan so it’s time for the January update.
January’s Stash Busting Goal
My Surmount the Stash goal for January was to take a complete inventory of my yarn stash. I wanted to see exactly what I have, get it organized to where I could use it and put it all in stash on Ravelry for easier tracking.
I more or less completed my goal. I did the following:
- Photographed all of my yarn individually.
- Uploaded those photos to Flickr.
- Added the names and photos of all of that yarn to Ravelry along with the number of skeins of each.
- Add the exact name, brand and type of yarn to each Rav stashed item.
- Add up the total number of skeins I have with a breakdown of weight and color families.
Goals to Stay on Track
- Be cautious about adding any new yarn at this point because I really honestly do have enough.
- When new yarn is added, immediately enter it into Rav stash with the full information about the yarn and photos of the yarn.
- When yarn is used, mark it as used on Rav.
February Stash Busting Goals
My original goal for February was to get all of my unlisted FOs on Etsy. I am editing this goal a little bit because of changes to my plans for the Etsy store. My February goals actually are:
- Photograph all finished crochet items.
- Create an inventory list for those items.
- Solidify my plans for Etsy at this time.
- Begin action on those plans.
Do you often work from your stash?
- Wrapping Up the Designer Crochet Project: 3 More Famous Fashion Designers
- Crochet at Coachella 2013
- Quince & Co. Crochet Pattern eBook Shows Gorgeous Rebecca Velasquez Designs
- 5 Inspiring Crochet Techniques and Styles I Probably Won’t Get Into (Crochet Blog Week, Day 6)
- Giveaway Winners and Other News in Kathryn’s Crochet Corner