Oh, and I posted about your blog on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/flumpsnstuff :-)
Put simply, this is a crochet blog designed to share my passion for the craft and all of the news that surrounds it. I hope to serve as a hub of information for all things crochet especially in the areas of crochet art, fashion and design. I also aim to strengthen the connections in the crochet community by stimulating conversations between crocheters.
A couple of definitions:
- Crochet. “Make a piece of needlework by interlocking and looping thread with a hooked needle” … “Crochet is a process of creating fabric from yarn or thread using a crochet hook.”
- Concupiscence. “An ardent, usually sensuous, longing” … ”The never satiated desire to draw as much of reality as possible into one’s self; the unlimited striving for” … “Specifically, concupiscence is the spontaneous movement of our sensual appetite toward what we imagine as pleasant and away from what we imagine as painful.”
Basic stuff about me:
- My name is Kathryn Vercillo. I sometimes go by CrochetBlogger around the web (which is how you’ll find me listed on Twitter.)
- I am a blogger, writer, collage artist, dreamer, daydreamer, San Francisco resident and crochet lover.
- I learned to crochet a little bit when I was a kid (from my ma) but re-learned in 2009. I have since become more than a little obsessed with it. In fact, I would go so far as to say that Crochet Saved My Life (which is the title of my new book about the health benefits of crochet, due out August 2012).
Some of the things that you will find on this crochet blog include:
- Crochet artist profiles. Each week on this blog I profile the work of an interesting, unique crochet artist.
- Crochet fashion and style. I love exploring how crochet is used by major fashion designers and also how it’s worn by regular people.
- Crochet inspiration posts. I love to do roundup posts of different ideas for crocheters to start from.
- Crochet news. There is more crochet news out there in the media than you might think!
- My crochet projects. It’s always neat to see what other crochet artists are working on, right?
- Reviews of crochet events, books, yarn stores and more.
- Information, ideas and interviews from the wider crochet community including Etsy, Ravelry and more. Plus links to other crocheters’ blogs to keep spreading the crochet love and building the crochet community.
Full disclosure: I use Amazon affiliate links on this blog. If you see a link to an Amazon item, it’s probably an affiliate link. However, I only recommend products I actually use and like.
Hi Kathryn! What a great blog you have! Thank you so much for featuring Flumps ' Stuff on your 20+ Amazing Examples of Teeny Tiny Crochet and Amigurumi article. I am so honored! I also learned the basics of crocheting as a little girl and picked it up again as an adult. My oldest daughter is on the Autism Spectrum and I became a stay at home Mom so that I could be at home to do therapy for her. Rediscovering crocheting has been so healing for me, to be able to creative again and be able to do it surrounded by my kids. I can easily put it down and pick it right up again. I love making amigurumi and stuffed animals for them, and hats too! It has allowed me to create an online business through Etsy to create some income. Crocheting is definitely a blessing! Congratluations on your book and for being so inspiring!!! Mahalo nui loa!
I have nominated you for the Super Sweet Award for bloggers. Thank you for crafty inspirations :) Jaie (www.kukileaf.com)