La Maestra Clinic Microcredit Crochet Program
Guadalupe Acevedo creates a handbag from aluminum pop tops and thread at La Maestra Clinic in Vista.
UT San Diego shared:
“Under a free microcredit program organized by La Maestra Clinic in Vista and City Heights, women gather weekly to crochet, sew and make jewelry, purses and other items that they can sell personally or through boutiques. Participants bring their own raw materials, and teach skills to newcomers. Guest lecturers talk about topics like nutrition, diabetes, family issues and education.”
I Hope This Inspires You To
- Learn about Lidia Calzado, shown at the top of this post, who started a successful jewelry business using the information and financial support from the La Maestra program
- Support a microcredit program in your area or somewhere else around the world
- Consider lending your crochet experience to a local program to help teach women in need to learn to crochet
- Learn more about pop tab crochet and how it helps people around the world
- Appreciate your own access to crochet materials, whatever that may be
How does this story inspire you? Share in the comments below!