Buying for a crochet lover is certainly not hard as there are so many tools, accessories and crochet related materials that we love, need and use with our craft.
However, if you’re not a hooker yourself, it can be an overwhelming task to find a gift that will actually be helpful and well-received. Here’s the ultimate list of 8 fail-proof gift options you can get your loved one that will have them beaming, guaranteed!
This is easily the most fail-proof gift you can buy any crocheter or crafter. Yarn is our love language, and just about all balls of yarn will be well-received.
Here’s some basic rules of thumb to follow:
– Buy from local yarn stores whenever possible. Not only will the staff of a local yarn store be able to guide you in finding the best yarn for your crocheter, but the yarn quality is always top notch. A big craft store such as JoAnns or Michaels is a good second-best pick, but avoid getting yarn from places like Walmart where mostly acrylic craft yarn is sold.
– Always get at least two balls or skeins. One ball of yarn is very limiting regarding what a crocheter can make, so getting two will ensure they can at least make a hat and maybe gloves.
– Keep it to “regular” yarn. Even if you know nothing about yarn, you can at least identify which yarns are a bit more eccentric and out there. Stick with a yarn that looks solid, has attractive colors and is pleasant to touch. Any excessively textured yarn may be out of your crocheters wheelhouse and be frustrating to work with, unless you’ve been told otherwise.
If you want to go above and beyond for your loved one, here are some tips for really wow-ing them.
– Find out what their favorite type of yarn is to work with. Do they only use 100% wool, or are they into machine washable yarn? Finding a yarn that they adore is a sure way to bring your crocheter joy upon receiving your gift.
– Get them their next project stash. This requires intimately knowing your crocheter, what they work with, what projects they have in their queue and also some calculations. But if you really want to wow your favorite crocheter, make the effort to buy whatever yarn they are dreaming of getting for one of their wish-list projects.
Yarn Swift & Winder
- WINDS YARN: Knit Picks Ball Winder helps you transform yarn hanks and skeins into compact center-pull cakes that sit nicely while you knit and crochet
- SIMPLE TO USE: Easily winds up to 100 grams or 3.5 ounces of yarn; from lace and fingering weights to worsted and bulky weights
- QUICK ASSEMBLY: To use just attach to any table edge or surface up to 1-1/2" thick, twist on the spindle, position the guide arm and start winding
A coveted tool for crocheters that costs some big bucks is a yarn winder and swift. However, having these tools accessible and at home makes our hobby so much easier and can save us trips to the yarn store (and in turn, money!)
- Size: 72cm(28-3/8")x63cm(24-3/4")
- High Quality:The umbrella yarn swift ball winder is made of natural birch wood, this wooden yarn swift is machined to a high standard so that the wood will stand the test of time. Which is a great...
- Convient:With umbrella swift designed,so it is easy to set up and allows you to have both hands free to wind the yarn into a ball.
- Best Raw Wood Material - The entire surface of wooden yarn Bowls for crocheting is expertly smoothed with a high gloss finish applied to the entire surface including the swirls and holes to prevent...
- Size - Approximately 6" diameter x 3" height. Wooden yarn bowl can comfortably fit a 3.5oz ball of yarn
- Preventing Tangles - Crocheting yarn bowl for knitting feature a curled slot that captures the yarn as you knit, allowing yarn to be steadily fed through the swirl while preventing tangles. The yarn...
Having a bowl for our working yarn can be so helpful, and if your crocheter often has more than one project going, we can never have enough of these!
There are many beautiful yarn bowls you can find on Amazon or Etsy, but what matters most is their functionality, so be sure to always read reviews to hear from experienced crocheters!
Buying a set of hooks can never go wrong. Crochet hooks can easily get lost or we need duplicate sizes for the multiple projects we have going at once. Check out our guide to the best crochet hooks to get an idea of what hooks are best for your crocheter!
Crochet Hook Organizer
- ✅ HIGH CAPACITY - Specially designed for knitting needles(up to 6.7-inch), have enough room to store your straight bamboo/aluminum single/double point knitting needles set, Circular Knitting...
- ✅ DIMENSION - Knitting needles case size:17.5 x 14 x 4 cm / 6.9 x 5.5 x 1.6 inch. The ideal size is easy to carry. A must-have travel tools carry bag for knitting enthusiasts, crochet beginners or...
- ✅ ALL IN ONE PLACE - Everything you ever need to crochet is included in this all-in-one crochet kit! Well organized case. The mesh pockets for your knitting accessories, like scissors, stitch...
With all our hooks, we certainly need help with organizing and storing our crochet hooks between projects or when sizes are not in use.
There are so many fun and creative crochet hook organizers out there. Check out our guide of 9 ways to organize your hooks and gift your crocheter with an organizer that best suits them!
Whether your crocheter enjoys hooking while on the go, or simply storing their projects around the house, every crocheter can benefit from a new project bag.
If you’re looking for a quick last minute gift and don’t have a lot of time to find out what your crochet might want or need, you can give them the gift of their own shopping trip!
Gift cards for local yarn stores, Etsy, or shops like Michaels and JoAnns are perfect fail-proof gifts that your hooker will love! There’s nothing better than going and buying something from your queue on someones else dime!
Yarn and Crochet Paraphernalia
Most crocheters love all things crochet and yarn related. From the silly puns to anything that has a crochet stitch image, we eat that stuff up!
Etsy has a plethora of fun crochet and yarn related images, from T-shirts that read “I am a hooker in my spare time” to mugs with crochet puns, to fun stickers – there is something for every type of crocheter!
Tip: Make sure your gift references the appropriate craft – CROCHET! There’s nothing quite as annoying as having crochet compared to knitting when they’re quite different in style and looks.