Welcome to the 2014 Awesome Crochet Blog Awards.
Today’s award is for:
Best Crochet Posts on a General Craft Blog
And it goes to:
About This Award
Learn more about what these awards are here. This specific award is for the best crochet posts on a general craft blog. There are a lot of craft blogs out there and many of them feature a little bit of crochet but only a handful of those multi-craft blogs feature really regular, strong crochet posts. This award goes to a blog that does all craft posts well but doesn’t neglect crochet in any way.
About The Winner
The winner of this award is Mollie Makes. This crafty magazine has had terrific crochet representation ever since it first came out and the blog reflects this. Mollie Makes usually has a daily blog post, which includes magazine issue updates, craft tutorials, inspiration roundups and more. There are usually one or two crochet posts per month and several other craft posts that might appeal to crocheter (such as a roundup of craft books).
From the site:
“Mollie Makes is a lifestyle magazine for those who live creatively. We bring you the latest crafting trends in easy-to-follow how-tos, encouraging you to adapt and share your own crafty spin on things. We celebrate creative industries and give up-and-coming designers their first platform. We discuss hot topics in the design world with lots of insider tips. And above all, we aim to inspire you to live your best, artful life.”
Connect with Mollie Makes on social media:
Why The Winner Won
Here are some of the reasons that I selected this blog for this crochet award:
- Steady posts about crochet. This site really covers a lot of different crafts so I’m happy to see that they make sure to get at least a few crochet posts up on the blog every month.
- Variety of post types. Even with just a couple crochet posts per month, they manage to sneak in a lot of variety: free crochet patterns, inspirational crochet photography, crochet news and more.
- Easy but useful crochet patterns. The free crochet patterns on the site are easy to follow and most can be done by beginners but they are still creative and useful or fun.
Other Categories I Could Have Chosen
Each person is only awarded one award each year (and likewise, each award only goes to one person with a few exceptions) but of course each amazing blogger often does many things well. Some of the other categories that I easily could have given this blogger an award for include:
- Best Blog Posts from a Magazine
- Most Unique Crochet Finds (like this)
- Most Creative Use of Social Media (love their Mollie Makes takeovers)
Support the Awards
If you win one of the awards (or if you just want to show your support of this awards project) you are more than welcome the spread the word. Feel free to use the image above and resize as needed to add to a blog post or your blog’s sidebar. Please link back either to this post or to the main post. You can also spread the word through social media. The more the merrier … And extend a hand to give a congratulations to this winner!