Welcome to the 2014 Awesome Crochet Blog Awards.
Today’s award is for:
Best Crochet Book Tour Blog Coverage
And it goes to:
Maaike of CreJJtion
About This Award
Learn more about what these awards are here. This specific award is for the best blog coverage of a crochet book tour. Book tours, whether virtual or physical, are supposed to generate excitement about a new book. Good coverage of this will share posts from various blog stops with insider information from that stop and will pique the reader’s interest again and again. In this age of cookie cutter blog book tours, it’s great to see truly good coverage of a tour.
About The Winner
The winner of this award is Maaike of CreJJtion who is from the Netherlands. She began her beautiful blog in 2011, opened her online pattern shop in 2012 and recently published her first crochet book, a Dutch crochet book called PUUR Haken. You can find her crochet and knitting patterns on Ravelry and Etsy.
She shares on her blog:
“A crafter at heart since the moment I could hold a pencil, as a little girl my parents allowed me to try about every sort of craft. From drawing and painting to origami, paper was definitely my first love when it comes to craft materials. That changed when yarn came in to my life in 2009. My aunt got me into knitting, I loved learning how to make cables and fair isle patterns. The big craft crush from my youth hit me again and in 2010 I learned how to crochet.”
And she goes on to let us know:
“I prefer to work with 100% natural yarns and love materials that come with a story of socially responsible production, natural dying or recycling in any way. Inspiration for my makes comes from the world as I see it during daily dog walks, in interior design magazines and cook books, as well as travels and flowers.”
Connect with the winner on social media:
Why The Winner Won
Here are some of the reasons that I selected this blogger for this crochet award:
- The posts on her blog for the Puur Haken crochet book tour were so intriguing that I was interested in the book even though it’s not written in the English language!
- It was a local book tour where she promoted her own crochet book. She said about it: “Matching the pure and natural style of the book, I am ‘going local’ to meet you in a selection of beautiful yarn shops in The Netherlands. We will have a chat, crochet together, admire the beautiful yarns, talk about the stories behind the projects in the book… and each shop is organizing a special workshop or session specially for the occasion.” I vicariously experienced a sense of community through these posts.
- There have also been additional and ongoing posts following where the book goes. Like Canada.
- I loved the yarn store photos that she shared of the places that she toured with her book.
This Winner Previously Won
In previous years I’ve awarded this blogger:
Other Categories I Could Have Chosen
Each person is only awarded one award each year (and likewise, each award only goes to one person with a few exceptions) but of course each amazing blogger often does many things well. Some of the other categories that I easily could have given this blogger an award for include:
- Best Photos on a Crochet Blog (love her style)
- Best Bilingual Crochet Blog
- Best Crochet Patterns
Support the Awards
If you win one of the awards (or if you just want to show your support of this awards project) you are more than welcome the spread the word. Feel free to use the image above and resize as needed to add to a blog post or your blog’s sidebar. Please link back either to this post or to the main post. You can also spread the word through social media. The more the merrier … And extend a hand to give a congratulations to this winner!