Welcome to the 2014 Awesome Crochet Blog Awards.
Today’s award is for:
Best Crochet Blog Post Series
And it goes to:
Marie Segares of Underground Crafter
About This Award
Learn more about what these awards are here. This specific award is for the best set of related / themed posts on a crochet blog. Having completed (and sometimes started and abandoned) lots of crochet post series on this blog, I know that it takes a lot of work to commit to a set of themed posts and publish them on schedule so that’s something I want to recognize.
About The Winner
The winner of this award is Marie Segares of Underground Crafter for her Hispanic Heritage Month Interview Series. I’ve been a fan of this annual series ever since she launched it (it’s the 3rd year, I believe) and I think it deserves recognition!
Marie is a multicraftual blogger who does reviews, interviews and project shares about crochet and knitting (and a little yarn spinning). She learned to crochet from her grandmother in the early 1980’s and learned to knit in 2010. Marie is also a knit and crochet teacher certified by the Craft Yarn Council, a crochet pattern designer whose patterns are available through Etsy and Ravelry and a crochet book reviewer for CGOA. In August she launched the Creative Yarn Entrepreneur, LLC, a business completely focused on the unique needs of indies in the yarn industry.
Connect with the winner on social media:
Why The Winner Won
Here are some of the reasons that I selected this blogger for this crochet award:
- This is not just a series of themed posts but it’s an annual series that she does to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month. It’s a really unique theme and one that adds value to the available crochet information already online.
- This post series celebrates diversity in the craft community in a way that we rarely see.
- The posts are interview-based posts that are detailed, thorough and interesting. (Note that they are interviews of both knitting designers and crochet designers.) A lot of work clearly went into these.
- Marie also did another good series of NaBloPoMo posts this year including a set of daily crochet pattern releases.
This Winner Previously Won
In previous years I’ve awarded this blogger the same award three years in a row for the best crochet interviews. I wanted to give that award to someone else this year and also recognize this specific series but it’s still an interview-based series. Marie does interviews really well!
Other Categories I Could Have Chosen
Each person is only awarded one award each year (and likewise, each award only goes to one person with a few exceptions) but of course each amazing blogger often does many things well. Some of the other categories that I easily could have given this blogger an award for include:
- Best crochet interviews
- Best support of the crochet community
- Best craft podcast (new this year; check it out!)
Support the Awards
If you win one of the awards (or if you just want to show your support of this awards project) you are more than welcome the spread the word. Feel free to use the image above and resize as needed to add to a blog post or your blog’s sidebar. Please link back either to this post or to the main post. You can also spread the word through social media. The more the merrier … And extend a hand to give a congratulations to this winner!