Another year has come and gone and that means that it’s time for my Annual Awesome Crochet Blog Awards. Each day of the month I’ll highlight a specific category of crochet and crochet blogging and let you know who I think did the awesomest job in that niche this year.
What Are The Awesome Crochet Blogger Awards?
The Awesome Crochet Blogger Awards are a set of awards that I created to honor and celebrate the best crocheters in the online community. Each year I create 30-ish categories and name the best folks in those categories. It’s informal (more details below) and the awardees don’t receive anything tangible but it’s one way to recognize the awesomeness that’s happening out there all year long. Of course, I try to do this weekly with my Link Love posts but the annual awards are on a slightly bigger scale where one person per day can get recognized for their own unique contributions.
- These are daily awards that will be posted here on the blog. Each day recognizes a different blogger for a different thing they do well (such as best tutorials or best photos).
- Each winner will only win once. So while I may think that a specific blogger does ten different things terrifically I’m only narrowing them down for one final award!
- There are definitely more terrific crochet bloggers than the number I can list here! There will only be one award per day so there will only be 31(ish) total recognized this month but please know that I think there are lots and lots of other amazing crochet bloggers out there as well so if you don’t get picked don’t think it means I don’t adore you! One thing I fully believe is that each individual’s unique approach to everything they do in life is valuable for exactly the individual thing that it is.
- The blogger doesn’t win anything tangible, just recognition from my crochet blog that I think they’re doing something amazing. They also aren’t asked to do anything (such as “pay forward” the award to others).
- These awards aren’t by vote; they’re just my opinion based on my well-researched knowledge of today’s crochet blogs. I read about 300 crochet blogs regularly and I’m active on all of the major social media channels so I’d like to think that I have a good grasp on the pulse of the crochet blogging world.
- I’ve chosen not to give awards to any of the blogs that I write (semi)regularly for even though they are some terrific blogs. I may have guest posted on some of the awarded blogs, though.
- Once all of the awards have been announced I’ll do a roundup listing all of the awards and their winners.
- I hope that you will get a chance to find some new crochet blogs that you weren’t familiar with, return to some great blogs you haven’t visited awhile and get inspired by the amazing crochet writing happening out there!
Why I Do These Every Year
I am constantly amazed by not only the number of different crochet bloggers that are out there but also their creativity, breadth of projects, personal strength, individual styles and the wealth of information that is available when you put all of these great resources together. I try to do all that I can to use my experience, skills and platform as a blogger to help support the work of the “best of the best” out there in the crochet blog community. This is one of the ways that I do that.
Support the Awards
If you win one of the awards (or if you just want to show your support of this awards project) you are more than welcome the spread the word. Feel free to use the image above and resize as needed; be sure to link back here. You can blog about the awards in general or about a specific award. You can put the image into your blog’s sidebar with a link back to this post. You can spread the word through social media. The more the merrier …