One of the things that I’m giving thanks for this year is that so many wonderful people have supported me in my journey with crocheting through depression. In return, I’m offering 40% off on my book, Crochet Saved My Life, through Christmas. Feel free to spread the word.
About Crochet Saved My Life
Crochet saves lives. It saved mine.
In the worst throes of depression I found myself sobbing on the bathroom floor, the tip of a kitchen knife pointed into my wrist. I was aching to break the flesh and bring the pain to an end. Through sheer force of will, I pried my own desperate hands open and replaced the knife with a crochet hook. Then I crocheted to save my life.
In this book, you will get to know me through my story of depression and healing. And you will get to know other women as well. You will meet Aurore who crochets to stay in touch with reality as she deals with ongoing psychiatric hallucinations. You will meet Laurie who made a new life with crochet after years of a life filled with abuse. You will meet Tammy whose crochet helps her with the ups and downs of living with Chronic Lyme Disease. You will meet Liza who crochets through the anxiety of having temporary bouts of blindness caused by an undiagnosed health condition.
Here are some of the things you will hear them say:
– “When I crochet I don’t think about how my body is now broken; I think about how I can create something beautiful and useful with my hook and either yarn or thread.” -Vicki
– “When I’m anxious, I feel like a hollow hull. Crocheting helps fill up the void.” – Aurore
– “I couldn’t pay for therapy, but a few balls of crochet thread cost less than $20 and provided me with many hours of crochet.” – M.K.
– “The feeling of the yarn and the rhythmic motions produced by crocheting are very quieting and help me regroup, recharge and become reconnected to my inner self amidst turmoil and confusion.” – Aimee
– “Crochet helps me put my pain on the back burner for a while. It takes my focus away from how I’m feeling and puts it in a more productive place”. – Shelli
The two dozen women whose stories are shared in this book are the women who hook to heal. We are not alone. Studies shows that crocheters are numerous; research and anecdotal evidence show that people of all ages, from all walks of life, with all types of health conditions may find healing through their hooks and yarn. Join us on our journey.
Get The Discount
You can get this book at 40% off the cover price. It makes a great gift for anyone who enjoys crochet and who might be interested in stories about crafting to heal from a variety of illnesses. To get the discount, place your order through CreateSpace using discount code WCHKVZ2U.
Please spread the word!