Here’s a recap of all of the things I blogged about crochet in June. Check out the links to anything you missed and be sure to share your favorites so others can see them too.
Crochet Health Survey
I created a crochet survey to study the health benefits of our craft. Please take a few moments to participate in the survey. When you’re done, it would be great if you could spread the word to ask others to participate as well! Here’s the press release.
Crochet Book Review Month
June was book review month here on Crochet Concupiscence. That wasn’t all I did, of course, but there were a lot of crochet book reviews including:
- Granny Square Flowers
- Granny Square Projects
- It Girl Crochet
- Crochet Pink
- Simply Sweet Crochet Review and Author Interview
- Simply Adorable Crochet
- Edward’s Menagerie
- Knitter’s Notebook (and comparable crochet options)
- Little Christmas Decorations to Knit and Crochet
I also offered 40% off of my book, Crochet Saved My Life, throughout the month. I hope that made it more accessible to people who have wanted to read about the health benefits of crochet but couldn’t afford the full price.
52 Weeks Crochet Blog Challenge
I am doing weekly posts for the 52 Weeks Crochet Challenge hosted by Red Berry Crochet. This month’s posts were:
- Knitting and Crocheting in Public
- US vs UK Crochet Terminology
- Resources for Reading a Crochet Diagram
Instagram crochet posts … in addition to sharing my own images I’m not sharing other people’s beautiful crochet photos. Tag your crochet photos “crochetconcupiscence” for a chance to get featured in these Sunday posts.
How to Crochet
Learn to Crochet Wire Jewelry (ebooks and Etsy downloads)
Dora Ohrenstein’s new Craftsy class: Custom Fit Tunisian Crochet
Crochet in My World
And Some Special Thanks
- Thanks to @RodaleNews for publishing my article on 5 Health Symptoms You Can Cure with Crochet
- Thanks to @crochetme for mentioning my Everyday Crocheters column about Vicki Sulfaro in this blog post about the new issue of Interweave
- Thanks to Croknit for sharing the link to my article on Plarn Artist Barbara De Pirro
- Thanks to Brain Babies Art Blog (@louisamagrics) for linking to a number of my crochet artist articles in a post about crochet art
- Thanks to Interweave; my Everyday Crochet column on Vicki looks great in the summer issue I received this week
- Thanks to bethshangirl who said over on Knitting Paradise: “Kathryn Vercillo has written a book called “Crochet saved my Life” – and she has a really good blog!“
- Thanks to @jodiebodie2 who said over on Lupey Loops: “Kathryn Vercillo of Crochet Concupiscence amazes me. Her blog is so comprehensive and that in itself is a wonder – how she finds the time and energy to collate so many things. I don’t know how she does it and that’s just the blog! She is also writing her own publications as well as for others and is somehow managing a study load. I love how she turns her passion for crochet and health into positive action.”
- Thanks to @CMHAEdmonton for quoting me and sharing my Lion Brand yarncrafting benefits article on their mental health site
- Thanks to @DianeStavros (who I recently interviewed about crochet health, more to come about that soon …) for sharing some info about me and Crochet Saved My Life (including the current 40% off book sale!) on her blog.
- Thanks to @Happily_Hooked online crochet magazine for including the next installment of my crochet health column in Issue #3, which has hit digital shelves this week. I interviewed @KMFederline of One Stop Crochet and Knit Shop
- Thanks to @lionbrandyarn for sharing my guest post on how to create a 5-step wellness plan with knitting and crochet
- Thanks to Brain Babies Artblog for linking to my Sophie Buckley crochet artist article in a great post about Crochet + Math + Art; I love math-based crochet art!
- Thanks to Forever in Fibre for the mutual link love and for saying: “Crochet Concupiscence is a great site and there are lots of other links there to wonderful patterns, ideas and news.”
- Thanks to MDCooke who has been sharing some of my posts on Pearltrees
- Thanks to Great.ly for sharing my makers post in their newsletter this week
- Thanks to Susie Hewer for naming me one of her crochet heroes in the most recent issue of Simply Crochet.
- Thanks to everyone who has taken my crochet health survey and spread the word to others. Thanks especially to the following people who did blog posts about the survey this week: Sarah_Knight, Gramma Rita, Haak-en-stekie,Outstanding Crochet, Stitch Story, My Hobby is Crochet, Poetry in Yarn, Craftypod, Crochet Kween, Elk Studio,Felted Button, Sarah Sweethearts, Lacy Crochet, Hi Jenny Brown, Little Treasures, CraftGossip, Nero’s Post and Patch and Moogly.
Thanks again to my June sponsors who will be featured in a post later today.