Link love is my way of giving back to the crochet community by highlighting the great work out there each week from crochet bloggers, designers, artists and more. Here are this week’s links …
Did you know that you can sponsor a link love post and get seen here?
“In the early afternoon, when the expected rain has cleared, I will take advantage of the spring-like temperatures and tentative sunshine to work in my outdoor office, using my Wonder Washer to felt the potholders, and in finishing that one project, I hope to create a gentle, but persistent cascade of order that spreads throughout my entire crochet empire.” – Crochetbug
Crochet Designers and Crafters
@CrochetKitten shared helpful measurements for designers for all of women’s sizes XS-5x
@crochetmedaily shared a lovely profile of a man who crochets for charity
I’m in love with this free crochet heart pattern for a chunky pillow made with wool roving. By @l_ebenslustiger.
Pewter Statement Crochet Bracelet free pattern by @fiberflux
Amjaylou has a free crochet pattern for Moroccan inspired votives
Free Amigurumi Fishy Pattern from Lily Gets Crafty
Crochet Anchor Applique Free Pattern from Daisy Cottage Designs
Free Crochet Granny Square Purse Pattern by CrochetDreamz
How to Crochet DNA with Proper Chirality via @jessicapolka
How to Crochet the Twin V Stitch via @mooglyblog
@solartvnews interviews Trey Ajusto, Philippines crocheter, about the craft. It starts off a little offensive – calling crochet tedious and hard – but I liked the interview itself and seeing the crochet work. I especially liked that it mentioned how crochet is a good stress reliever. I was also happy to see I was happy to see that this (unrelated) article mentioned briefly a crochet and knitting class for cancer survivors as one of many ways to heal.
Carla Scull of Verona, has invented and designed various toy patterns that she crochets as part of her home-based operation. source
Other Crafty Things
I’m adoring these ink drawings that look like textiles by Steven Vasquez Lopez via @lppshop
@websyarnstore introduced us to their team
Thanks to the following awesome blog commenters:
- Jennieleehee for the comment on 20 Stained Glass Crochet Inspirations that begins: “Oh my goodness! My jaw was on the floor the whole way through this article!!!!!”
- Mmatilda who shared a link to a crochet playground in Sweden on my recent post about the one being made for Burning Man.
- Tricia C who touchingly said on my Hook to Heal update: “Bravo for staying true to yourself and your craft. If anyone withdraws their funding, please let me know. I’d be thrilled to support your work and your journey.” This ongoing support from everyone is so valued.
Thanks to the following sites for linking to me:
- @petalstopicots for linking to my Hand Exercises for Crocheters as well as to my book, Crochet Saved My Life in a great comprehensive article called 5 Knit and Crochet Health Concerns and What You Can Do
- Knitted Art shared a crochet quote that I’d highlighted on my blog in 2012. The same post was translated and shared on La Maison Bisoux.
- Itchy Crochet for linking to my Nathan Vincent post in a post about men who crochet
- Belyn on Crochet Talk for linking to my 15 Beautiful Free Crochet Patterns for Girls’ Dresses
- TheresaH also on CrochetTalk for linking to my roundup of 10 Steamy Hot Free Crochet Swimsuit Patterns