You might have missed these posts during the week but if you’re a crochet lover then you shouldn’t have! That’s why I’ve rounded them up for you here.
Smart Crochet Words
- Planet June’s 6 month commissions model review. 6 months ago crochet designer June Gilbank launched a new crowd-sourced commissions model for designs that I thought was really smart. She did a review on her blog this week that shares more about it and what she’s learned from the experience so far.
- Remember Rowan: Laurinda’s 1st Crochet Pattern Book. Laurinda Redding, who shared her story of crocheting through grief in my book Crochet Saved My Life, has just published her own first book. It’s a sampler pattern book that is available in both left-handed and right-handed versions. Some of the proceeds are being used to fund a charity in honor of the daughter she lost.
- What is Felting? Petals to Picots started a series of posts explaining what felting is all about.
- Seamless Color Transition. Champaka, who sells crochet earrings on Etsy, shared how she was having trouble making a “seamless transition from one color to another” and found a fix.
- Curvy Girl Crochet Review. @CrochetKitten reviews this new book that’s been getting lots of great attention lately. Post includes a giveaway ending 9/18
- Reno Updates. @crochetlibfront is one of the many people at the Knit and Crochet Show convention in Reno this weekend and she’s keeping us all updated on the happenings. I’m so excited that my new book is represented there in the CLF booth!
Beautiful Items People Crocheted
Jenn Likes Yarn is working on a box stitch crochet afghan. She’s using a pattern from the Sep/Oct issue of Crochet Today
“Tanks for the Slippers”. Posted on Cheezburger, shared with me by Carol
How to Crochet
- How to Keep Stuffing Out of Your Crochet Stitches. Great amigurumi tip from @FreshStitches
- How to Switch Colors in Tapestry Crochet. Carol Ventura gives a quick tip to help avoid twisting yarns.
- How to Crochet the Chainless Single Crochet Foundation. @newstitchaday offers a tutorial with video for this option to start your crochet projects.
Best New Crochet Patterns
- Vented Bracelet. A quick free crochet pattern from Crochet Spot
- Thigh High Leg Warmers. I saw this Red Heart free crochet pattern this week because of a post on The Sunroom
- I Love Fall Crochet Sign. Great free autumn crochet pattern for the home from One Sheepish Girl
Best New Crochet Video
- What is your favorite fiber animal and why? Every Monday Stitch and Unwind hosts a giveaway based on the answers to a question they’ve posed. This week it was “what’s your favorite fiber?” It’s fun to read through everyone’s answered. I answered alpaca, particularly baby alpaca, which was the most popular choice. What would your answer be?
- How to Wind a Center Pull Ball. Instructional yarn tip from @websyarnstore
Other Stuff You Might Like
- Are All Young Artists Post-9/11 Artists? Interesting question that’s posed in an article about the 40 Under 40 craft art exhibit that crochet artist Olek is a part of.
- A woman loses her crochet work. What a sad story posted this week by Elisabeth Andree. However, it reminded me of another story about a woman whose lost work returned to her after 25 years so maybe there will be a happy ending yet!
Have a great weekend everyone. Happy reading!