Here are my favorite posts this week from around the crochet blogosphere.
SIBOL accepts squares from crafters and they become blankets that are donated/sold for charity. This new Olympics blanket is amazing. Unfortunately, it can’t be sold because it has some Olympics logos in it that are trademarked. It’s too bad but I’m hoping people will share the photo anyway to send people to the SIBOL site and encouraging charity crafting!
Smart Crochet Words
- Customizing Hats for Different Ages. Some smart guidelines from Crochet in Color.
- Sparkling Crochet. @CrochetToday did a post on the work of Catherine Carr, the crochet glass artist I profiled awhile back, telling a little more about her technique
- Crochet Saved My Life and So Did You. A lovely post from @crochetlibfront about Laurie’s crochet community feelings over the years, how those feelings have shifted and why CLF has a new name and new look.
- Etsy’s New About Page. A nice explanatory post from Creative Carmelina for those of you crocheters with Etsy stores.
- Interview with Crochet Artist Emily Barletta. This comes from @moonape. If you missed it, here’s my profile on Emily.
- Podcast interview with Magda Sayeg. This @lionbrandyarns Yarn Craft episode is actually from a week or two ago but I’m always a little slow listening to podcasts and it’s a good one so I wanted to share the link. If you missed it, here’s my profile on Magda.
Beautiful Things People are Crocheting
Laurinda (@ReCrochetions) made these “technicolor boobies” to donate to a lactation consultant for use in teaching breastfeeding in Haiti
Love this granny square belt from Haken en Meer!
I am adoring the little ositos (bears) Es Un Mundo Amigurumi shared this week
Favorite Video of the Week
This is knit, not crochet, but I so love this video!! Thanks to Rayela for sharing it! I feel all of crafters “get it”. :)
Crochet Tips and Ideas
- How to Invisible Double Crochet Decrease. Thanks @CrochetSpot!
Crochet Patterns and Tutorials
- Chameleon Crochet Pattern. This brand new crowdsource-funded amigurumi pattern is now available for sale from @planetjune. By the way, Happy 6th blog birthday June!
- Sari Shawl CAL. @CrochetToday is having a crochet-along for the Sari Shawl, a pattern in the July/August issue, available now in print or digital format.
- Feel Pretty Crochet Capelet. Nice little free crochet pattern from CraftyBegonia.
- Ruffled Dog Collar. This totally unique crochet pattern is free from Posh Pooch.
- MK Carroll shared: ” Honolulu’s inaugural yarn bombing crew, ArchiPURLago, Granny² and Hanasaurusrex, a.k.a. TheFuzz, and their super crew of volunteers and contributors, tagged the gardens of Spalding House.” (Click on “TheFuzz” link to see the images).
- Stephen Duneier did a huge yarnbombed art tree on the Cold Spring Trail in Santa Barbara
- Frenchtown (a small NJ town) got yarnbombed by about two dozen crafters
- @lionbrandyarns explained how to use their crochet group search tool to find a group to hook with in your area
- If you’re on G+ I want to recommend following @sisterdiane because she and her followers do great weekly discussions on crafty business; this week’s was about craft books – why we buy them and why there’s a need for better reviews of them
- Renate Kirkpatrick has made a beautiful pink freeform crochet piece in tribute to “sister & to all who are travelling the arduous cancer road”.
And Some Special Thanks
- To @poetryinyarn for the shout out to my blog!