Another month has come and gone. Let’s take a look back at what was featured here on the blog in the month of May. I would love to know which posts you liked the most, which you didn’t care for and what you’d like to see more of in the months to come!
My favorite post for May was Don’t Accuse Olek of Yarnbombing. It drew some interesting conversation about yarnbombing as art vs. craft.
I love sharing information about the crochet artists I am researching. The ones I wrote about for May were:
I was happy to be able to do an interview with Bay Area crochet artist nerdJERK. And I was just as happy to do an interview with Etsy crocheter Rhymit. Both awesome artists with great information and ideas to share.
Crochet Book Reviews
The books I reviewed on the blog in May were:
- Fiber Gathering – a book featuring info on 25 U.S. fiber festivals
- Yarn Bombing – the definitive guide to this controversial crochet art
- Crochet! – a great stitch dictionary and technique book
Sightings of Crochet on the Runway, in Stores, on Celebrities
- Jessica Alba’s baby cute in crochet
- Selena Gomez on Teen Vogue
- Kourtney Kardashian in crochet again
- Ashley Tisdale and Vanessa Hudgens
- Emilio Pucci crochet swimsuit and popular Pucci crochet dress
- Lisa Maree at RAFW
- Updates on TOMS crochet shoes, popular this summer!
- Crochet Top in Charlie Sheen PSA
- Laura Theiss Spring Summer Collection
- Bec & Bridge on the Runway
- Crochet top from Anthropologie and some other unique crochet pieces. Note – a lot of people are boycotting Anthropologie right now because its a sister store to Urban Outfitters and there was an issue of UO ripping off indie designs. That said, these crochet items are great eye candy for inspiration.
Crochet Technique Information, Lists and Tips
Some of my favorite May quotes included:
Daily Crochet Work on Etsy
Every day I also show off someone’s Etsy crochet work. Some favorites from May:
- Minnie’s Set for Minnie Mouse lovers!
- Seashell neckwarmer
- Great earrings!
- Fingerless gloves
- Tentacle scarf
- Waffle afghan
People Crocheting for a Cause
- Afghan of Awesomeness for breast cancer
- Pam’s Comfort Cables pattern now on sale
- Elderly crocheter gets lifetime achievement award
- 94-year-old woman crochets for Pistol Packin Mamas
- Happy Hookers crochet while walking 13 miles in the dark
- Crochet at Discarded 2 Divine
Other Interesting Crochet News
- Did you know there’s a woman who crochets 5-6 days per week at McDonald’s? And she has done so for nearly two decades.
- Does crochet help you with your diet?
- First public Waldorf school in HI features crochet as a learning tool
- Did you see the story of the crocheter who was immobilized for 20 years and now isn’t because of surgery?
- Lacemaker Veronica Stuart crochets roses for the queen
- 92-year-old crocheter earns her GED. Awesome!
- 103 year old woman still crocheting but gives up driving
- World’s largest crochet garden on display
- Plarn gifts will be featured at the Emmys
My Crochet Projects
Want to see what I’ve made? May’s posts of my work:
Also, a friend sewed me up a great crochet hooks organizer bag.