De todas as mensagens relacionadas com o crochê eu li esta semana, estes foram os que eu achei que você não deve perder!
Do you have a crochet project that was a total failure? Don’t let it go to waste! There’s a book coming out in 2014 chamado CraftFail and they’re seeking submissions. The author (@craftfail) diz:
“I am seeking submissions for CraftFail, an upcoming book by me, Heather Mann, de CraftFail.com, which will feature ugly crafts, Pinterest projects gone wrong, epic cooking fails, Not-quite-ready-for-Martha crafts, and unfortunate yet hilarious DIY fails. I invite beginning crafters, Pinterest enthusiasts, craft bloggers, professional crafters and makers of all stripes to submit their
workworst work for possible publication in this book.”
Inteligentes crochê Posts
- The Story of a Granny Square Blanket. @molliemakes shares some tips on how to pull together the colors of different squares to make a cohesive crochet blanket.
- Let’s Talk About Selling your Crochet. JD @Craftgossip has kicked off an interesting conversation about pricing your crochet items for sale.
- Learn to Crochet Hats. A basic primer from @crochetme.
- Knit and Crochet for American Heart Month. Stitch and Unwind reminds us that it’s Heart Health Month and talks about how we can recognize that with crafting.
- 6 Tips for Writing Crochet Patterns. From Crochetology.
- Crochet Stiffener Recipes. @crochetkitten explains why you might want to stiffen your crochet and gives recipes to help you do it.
Crochet bonita faz
Lucy of Attic 24 shared her newly-completed granny patchwork blanket. Click through to see all of her terrific photos of the colorful richness.
Adorable crochet swingcoat that Thornberry made for her little girl
BaleaRaitz has created a new Romanian Point necklace for her Etsy shop; it was inspired by a cup of coffee!
I’m also adoring the new crochet necklace design from Double Crochets (@masxalitsa)
- How to Crochet the Star Stitch. Each week there is always at least one stitch tutorial from @newstitchaday that I just have to share; this is this week’s!
- How to Crochet a Ruffle on a Completed Amigurumi. From @freshstitches.
- How to Attach Amigurumi Limbs with No Sewing. From @poetryinyarn.
- How to Crochet a Hearts Wall Hanging for your Home. Great tutorial for a cute idea via @creativejmom.
- Eleggant Crochet Hook Review. Marie of Underground Crafter actually did this review last year but I became aware of it this week when we were commenting back and forth on a post here on this blog. She says it’s a hook option that takes a little getting used to but has helped her a lot with crochet-related hand cramping.
- Crochet Noro. @lindamade talks about her two projects that are in this popular crochet book.
- 50 Fabulous Crochet Squares. Sew I See shares thoughts on this crochet book by by Jean Leinhauser and Rita Weiss.
- Granny Squares: 20 Crochet Projects with a Vintage Vibe. Suz Place shares a preview of this new book coming out in the spring/ summer.
Quick and Chunky Crochet Ear Warmer Pattern via @projectsathouse (crochet padrão livre)
This one is more of a basic tutorial or recipe but you can get the gist of how to make the crochet triangle granny scarf using the directions from It’s Time to Create (@sohappyinred); found this one via a Craft School link from @creativejmom
Aja of (artesanato)LOVE shared a crochet padrão livre for felted bowls
@lastejeymaneje shared the Bru Bear, which is not just a pattern but a full crochet kit being sold to raise money and awareness about an endangered bear species.
@elevenhandmade has a beautiful new Tunisian crochet sweater pattern for sale
Interweave has put together a collection of 10 popular afghans, cobertores, and throws called Craft Tree: Crocheted Afghans spotted via This is Crochet
Crochet Quote of the Week
“Crochet is really a kind of life-and-death situation for me. I am crocheting to survive in the future.” - Crochetology
This week’s video is knit, not crochet, but so worth seeing.
New yarn from Berocco, via @websyarnstore
- Pickles (@eatpickles) has a new wool yarn, available in nearly two dozen colors, that they describe as a versatile, durable yarn in a harmonic, melanged palette. Encantador.
Outras Coisas Crafty
- Science Says Knitting Burns More Calories Than Sex. I’ll just leave this with no comment.
- Doily Free Zone, the 1st International Symposium of Young Lace Makers, takes place in Pavia, just south of Milan, coinciding with Milan Design Week. Info via @stitchlily
- Congrats to Twinkie Chan who got her crochet work featured in the amazing Nylon magazine.
Alguns Agradecimentos Especiais
- Paula Moliver for giving a positive review to Crochet Saved My Life
- Stacey of Fresh Stitches for interviewing me about my current fundraising project Gancho para curar
- Elisabeth Andree for also writing about Hook to Heal.
- O Gancho para curar fundraiser was also supported by TracyAnn of Crochet Happy
- Art Malha for linking to the crochet gun store art project I’d shared previously by Monte Smith
- Morgen Bailey for sharing an interview with the author about me on the new site dedicated to such interviews.
- Inspired Crochet for doing an interview with me for the February issue of the digital magazine.
I also want to make sure to thank all of the amazing people who are supporting Hook to Heal with their contributions. I’ve done a shoutout post on my professional website. Thanks all!
Feliz fim de semana e boa leitura! Se isso não é suficiente leitura criativa para você, então você pode também querer verificar o “artes e smarts” Link Love roundup eu fiz ao longo do meu blog pessoal, Diário de um pintinho esperto.