De todas as crochê posts eu li esta semana, these were the ones I think you shouldn’t miss!
Stitch Red is working hard to get on The Today Show. I’ve mentioned this project before a few times; it’s using needlework to raise awareness for heart health. They’re working hard to get attention from The Today Show and if you happen to be in New York next weekend for VK Live (or just because it’s New York) then you can help. Here’s the info about The Today Show project.
Inteligentes crochê Posts
- Conceptual Crochet Project. Underground Crafter is planning a cool conceptual crochet project for herself showing data visualization of weather. It sounds super neat. Confira.
- Crooked Lake Cottage Crochet Blanket. Cozy Made Things shares not only a crochet blanket but the story behind the blanket; it’s always the stories that make handmade items so special!
- Yarndale Creativity. Attic24 shares info about her craft group and a project that they did together for a postcard for the Yarndale event.
Beautiful Crochet Items
Creative Jewish Mom shares how a simple crochet leaf can look really great in chunky yarn.
According to Matt has made a new granny square blanket, provérbio: “It’s a little darker and maybe a tad moodier than my last blanket, but I think I’m liking that now”. Eu gosto disto, também! Pop over for a look at the full photos.
Haken en Meer kicked off the year with a long granny squares pillow that is a great addition to the rest of the space!
- Crochet Noro Book Review. @UCrafter shares her opinion of this book of designs using Noro yarn.
- Vote for eMagazines. @planetjune recommends e-magazines via Zinio for crocheters.
- Crochet One Skein Wonders. @anastaciaknits gives us a thorough look at her opinion on this crochet book by Judith Durant and Edie Eckman that’s due out in March.
- Twinkie Chan’s 5 Dicas de crochê. Mollie Makes interviews @twinkiechan.
- Vickie Howell Podcast Interview. @sisterdiane talks to Vickie about being a crafty celebrity and we get to see how down-to-earth Vickie really is. Sadly the Craftypod podcast has to come to an end. It’s had a great run and I really look forward to seeing what the awesome Diane does next. Read her podcast goodbye post to see some really smart words about why we should pay to support what we love online.
- Basic Granny Square Tutorial. @sheepishknit shares a basic tutorial for a granny square that she wrote for Mollie Makes Gathered. After you’ve mastered that, you may want to try this free granny square tutorial for a rainbow-edged granny.
- How to Crochet the Magic Circle Loop. @newstitchaday video tutorial.
- How to Crochet a Small Flower. A one loop at a time flower video tutorial free from Mollie Makes.
- Hexagon Motif Crochet Collar. This is a unique and pretty free crochet pattern from Suz Place.
- Cotton Mason Jar Covers. Cute way to decorate your home. A free crochet pattern from Crochet Dynamite.
- 2 Hour Chunky Crochet Cowl. Quick and super easy cowl pattern from Urban Vegan.
- Slip Stitch Pinstripe Scarf. A free crochet pattern from Don’t Eat the Paste for slip stitch Bosnian Crochet.
- Upcycled Applique Blanket. Mollie Makes shares a freepattern for adding crochet appliques to an old blanket.
- 10 Free Crochet Cardigan Patterns. A Moogly roundup.
- Scottish Terrier Ami Dog. @planetjune has created a cute new dog pattern for amidogs series, available for sale now.
Crochet Quote of the Week
“Crochet is a craft that can help you through. I’ve heard many stories from people who have crafted through illnesses, depressão, and other tough times. The simple act of creating something and watching it grow can be a revelation.” – Caissa at CrochetSpot
Vídeo da Semana
Video from the trochet project
- Emerald Yarn. Emerald has been named the new Pantone color of the year. Lion Brand shares four of their green yarns in honor of that. I think my favorite of the four is Martha Stewart Crafts Alpaca Blend in Meadow Green.
- How to Recycle Frogged Yarn. This is part of the month-long organizational series over at WEBS. Another good post on yarn organization this week came from Anna Maria Horner who does a great job of displaying color in her organizing.
- How to Use a Yarn Winder. New smart tutorial de @ crochetkitten.
Other Crafty Things
- Regular Crochet from @crochetkim. Kim Guzman shares that although she’s known for Tunisian Crochet some of her most popular designs have been “regular” crochê. In other Tunisian news, CrochetMe talks this week about the new Tunisian Crochet book from Dora Ohrenstein.
E alguns agradecimentos especiais
- Morgen Bailey for doing an author spotlight about my work including my book about the health benefits of crochet.
- Crochet Today for sharing my guest post on how to adapt a crochet pattern.
- San Francisco Public Library for starting to carry copies of Crochet Saved My Life.
- Lanas Flores for sharing a link to my post on taxidermy-inspired crochet.
- Cris e Anastacia for mentioning on their blogs that I’m doing a free promotion of Crochet Saved My Life this weekend on Kindle.
Feliz fim de semana e boa leitura!