While the blog was busy moving from one host to the other this week, I was busy continuing to read all of the other great crochet blogs out there. Here’s my roundup of all of the best posts in all areas of crochet blogging from the past week. (E a propósito, come back tomorrow for four new “crochet blogger award” announcements, which will catch us up on the days missed while the blog was in transition.)
I don’t think I’ve mentioned it before on this blog but if you haven’t ever checked out the Crochet University page on Maggie’s Crochet site then you should. She’s organized lots of great links to a variety of different things including charities that accept crochet, crochet masters past and present and crochet stitch tutorials.
Brindes de crochê
- Crochê hoje is giving away a copy of 100 Snowflakes to Crochet. Prazo final para entrar 12/26
- The Making Spot is giving away a subscription to the new Simply Crochet Magazine. Deadline: 12/10
- Win Your Wishlist. You can create a wish list of Craftsy classes you’d like to take for a chance to win $250 in classes. Deadline 12/28.
Smart Crochet Articles
- Ideas for Organizing Crochet. CraftGossip’s JD Wolfe shared some smart organizing and display ideas by Carmen Rosemann.
- How to Turn a Washcloth into a Bathmat. Lion Brand talked about experimenting with different yarn weights in patterns to create different types of items, particularly in home decor.
- Combining Thick Yarn and Thin Thread in Crochet. CrochetSpot writer Corinne shares her experience with this.’
- How to Host a Knitting Party. This Martingale post is for knitters but obviously a crochet party would work, também, and I love this whole idea!
- Your Best Crochet Tips. Stitch and Unwind asked readers for the best crochet tips. This post has the five winners they selected or you can follow the link at the bottom of it to see all of the tips people offered in the comments.
Livros de crochet
- Fashions to Flaunt Crocheted with Noro Yarns. The Crochet Dude shares this new book by Jenny King. This post kicked off the book’s blog tour.
- Clever Crocheted Accessories. @Lindamade discusses her patterns in this book by Brett Bara.
- Create Unexpected Afghans. Toni Rexroat reviews Robyn Chachula’s crochet book.
- 3 Crochet Books to Buy as Christmas Gifts. Suggestions from Mollie Makes.
Beautiful Crocheted Items
I’m adoring the girassol crochê enfeites de Natal that were shown on @purlbee.
Apparently I’m in the mood for colorful crochet Christmas decor because I’m also loving these snowflakes from De acordo com Matt
That’s the cutest camera cozy I’ve ever seen. Via Las Teje y Maneje.
- Toe-Up Sock Techniques. Crochet Kitten gives us part two of this how-to series.
- How to Knook. A Stitch and Unwind video tutorial.
- How to Make a Blocking Board. From All 4 Meggy Moo.
Padrões de crochet
- Crochet Holiday Bow. Looks just like a package bow but in crochet. Free pattern from Crochet Dynamite.
- Mosaic Scarf Pattern. Beautiful stitches on this free crochet pattern from Lanas & Hilos.
- Chunky Moebius Cowl. A new free pattern from Planet June to quickly work up before Christmas!
- Marylee Scarflet. A cute crochet scarflet pattern free from Crafty Begonia.
- Self-Striping Crochet Christmas Tree Garland. A free crochet pattern via Crochet Today from Linda Permann.
- Motif Wreath. A crochet recipe by Robyn Chachula.
- Julia Heliconian Shawl. A new crochet pattern for sale by AnastaciaKnits.
- Lesser North American Bed Monster Pattern. This new crochet monster pattern for sale from Itsy Bitsy Spider is worth checking out if for no other reason than to read the cute story behind it.
- Great Projects for Tiny Yarn Balls. This is a CrochetMe roundup of links to several patterns that use just small amounts of yarn.
Crochê citação da semana
“Crocheting gifts is not just for the gift recipient but also provides enjoyment for the giver as they create a unique present that the recipient will treasure.” – Toni Rexroat
Crochet artist Olek recently made a social statement in her signature crochet.
- How to Pair Yarns to Create a Unique Look: A Personal Experience with Double Stranding. A @lionbrandyarns tip.
- The Seasonings Series. This is new yarn sets by Loopy Ewe that “takes the guesswork out of color combining”. Found via Lorna’s Laces.
- Cakewalk Yarns has launched on Etsy.
Outras coisas astuta
- Schact Ladybug and Sidekick Spinning Wheels. WEBS shared some information about these two spinning wheels which I just recently learned a little bit from SpinChat
- Emma Lamb shared her pretty studio in photos. Amei isso!
- Streetcolor shared how yarnbomber Adriana Turmero put up 37 yarnbombs that were immediately taken down by her city (Madrid).
E um agradecimento especial
Em primeiro lugar, I meant to include a thanks last week to Gwen Blakley Kinsler for the nice words she said about me at the start of the entrevista she did on her site. Ela disse, “Às vezes uma pessoa destaca-se aparece em uma versão online de um coquetel e a partilha de nossos interesses/paixões e conhecimento cria uma espécie de clique que ressoa com o coração. Kathryn Vercillo é que “clique em” para mim.” Super sweet!
- To the sponsors of the upcoming Christmas Giveaway on Crochet Concupiscence. People who posted about it this week include Debi of Ganchos e fios do DLY, CrochetKitten, Crochê feliz, and Wink of Um ser criativo.
- The folks who have shared the news about their 2012 Crochet impressionante Blogger Awards incluindo Marie de Metro Crafter, Wink and Stacey who mentioned it in this week’s podcast episode.
- Para Hakelmonster for sharing the link to my post on 20 Um novelo crochê padrões livres.