Drumroll please … The winner of the best crochet tutorials for 2012 is:
* Crochet Kitten *
Best Crochet Tutorials Award
Today’s awesome crochet blogger award is for the best free online crochet tutorials. Tutorials are the “how to” of crochet, providing us with step-by-step instructions (sometimes accompanied by put-it-into-action patterns) for crochet techniques ranging from how to do a basic chain to how to create broomstick lace. Free online crochet tutorials are how many new crocheters are learning the craft today and therefore are important to this community! Note that today’s award is specifically for written tutorials; another day’s award will focus on video tutorials.
About The Winner
Crochet Kitten is the blog by Stacy, probably better known as The Animator’s Wife, enhanced by the personality of her rescue cat, Selena. Stacy is a veterinary ophthalmology technician who says that “CrochetKitten.com is run by Selena K, a feral-turned-domestic housecat, because who would know more about working with yarn than a fabulous feline?” Good point! The Animator’s Wife is a designer de crochet who offers tons of free patterns (and some for sale) on her blog. She also does solid book reviews and other great posts but what I really love are her free online crochet tutorials. Find Crochet Kitten on Facebook e Ravelry.
3 Reasons The Winner Won
Muitos, many bloggers have done terrific crochet-related tutorials this year. Crochet Kitten won because:
- Crochet Kitten covers beginners’ techniques, advanced techniques and niche techniques. The variety makes it possible to learn something new from her crochet tutorials no matter what level crocheter you are.
- There are some great niche tutorials. I’ve been impressed with how Crochet Kitten has provided tutorials for really unique aspects of our craft, como crochet stockinette. I also really appreciated the quality of her amigurumi tutorial series even though I don’t do much with the niche myself.
- Her tutorials are easy to find on her blog. If you go to the Crochet Kitten website you will see a tab right there at the top that says “tutorials“. You can click on this to get links to all of her tutorials right there, neatly organized by category. Whenever a new tutprial goes up on the blog, she promptly adds it her. Organized and helpful!
What Is This Crochet Blog Award?
Not sure what this award is all about? It’s one of my annual crochet blogger awards, given out on this blog every day each December. Learn all about it here.
Leitura adicional ...
- Link Love! Melhores crochê posts da semana, incluindo padrões de crochet livre
- 40% Off Crochet salvar minha vida este fim de semana apenas
- Patrocinar Amor: Adoce sua pele com Lo-Lo por Bar-Maids (w / Giveaway)
- Transitions continuou por este criativo Blogger
- Entrevista com Kathryn: Os Março crochê Questions