Drumroll please … The winner of the 2012 award for the best link party on a crochet blog is:
* Kara of Petals to Picots *
Best Linky on a Crochet Blog
Today’s Awesome Crochet Blog Award is for the best linky (also known as link parties). This is a regularly scheduled post on the site (often, but not always, weekly) where other crafters can come and share links to their various projects around the web, usually tied to a specific theme. Linkies are great because they aggregate the work of lots of crocheters in one place, serving as a showcase for a diverse array of work. They give crafters a chance to draw attention to their work and readers a way to find new inspiration. Having moderated a few in the past, I know that it’s tough to have a good one where you get enough regular participants and yet not a lot of spam so I’m impressed by those folks who do it well!
About The Winner
Kara of Petals to Picots is a freelance writer who shares her love of crochet on her blog. She is also a crochet pattern designer whose patterns you can find on Etsy, Ravelry e Craftsy. Kara was first inspired to crochet by watching her gradnmother when she was young. Now she’s a mom who gets inspiration from her family as well as lots of other places. She hosts the I Love Fridays link party where people can come share links to their best new creative projects.
3 Reasons The Winner Won
There are several great link parties on crochet blogs and actually a few sites dedicated just to this purpose. They’re all fun and have their purpose but I chose Petals to Picots for this award because:
- She highlights the best contributions. Each week’s linky begins with Kara’s selections of a few of the projects from the week before. This gives us a chance to make sure to see some of those favorites in case we missed them, celebrates that crafters who participate and encourages participants to share their truly best work.
- There is always lots of crochet. This isn’t a crochet-only linky; there are lots of domestic goodies and crafts to find in these links each week. Porém, there always seems to be a lot of crochet, which makes sense since Kara’s readers are going to be crochet lovers.
- The linky is a big part of the blog but there’s also more to see here. It’s awesome to use linkies to visit lots of different crafters’ site but it is also nice when the host blog offers lots of information and other goodies as well. That’s what you get with Petals to Picots. I wanted to add that she also promotes a monthly blog hop, which is similar to a link party but encourages checking out a blog’s home page and following other blogs as opposed to focusing on specific new projects.
What Is This Crochet Blog Award?
Not sure what this award is all about? It’s one of my annual crochet blogger awards, given out on this blog every day each December. Learn all about it here.
Leitura adicional ...
- 2013 Crochet impressionantes Blog Awards: Melhores links Crochet
- 2013 Crochet impressionantes Blog Awards: Melhor CAL
- 2013 Crochet impressionantes Blog Awards: Melhor Tutoriais Escrita
- 2013 Crochet impressionantes Blog Awards: Melhor vídeo tutoriais
- 2013 Crochet impressionantes Blog Awards: Melhores Convidado Posts