Drumroll please … The winner of the best crochet blog project of 2012 is:
* Marinke Slump of A Creative Being for the Weekly Mandala Project *
Best Crochet Blog Project Award
Today’s awesome crochet blogger award is for the best crochet blog project of 2012. By “blog project” I’m referring to some type of ongoing series or type of posts that a blogger does consistently over a period of time, something readers can count on to keep coming back to and getting inspired by.
About The Winner
Marinke Slump, AKA WinkieFlash, is the blogger behind A Creative Being where she writes about all things crochet and a little about knitting and other crafts. She is a crochet pattern designer. One of the things I love about her is that she has a signature style that is easy to recognize in terms of both her crochet work and the way that she presents it (using unique fonts, a consistent color palette, etc.) Find her on Facebook e Ravelry to see more of what I mean. What I think she really deserves as a 2012 award for, embora, is her Weekly Crochet Mandala Project where each week she shows us her inspiration and then shares the crochet mandala she’s created inspired by that. It launched in October and I’m in love with the series.
3 Reasons The Winner Won
Many, many bloggers have done terrific blog projects this year including CALs, weekly craft schools, tutorial series and more. I picked Marinke’s Weekly Mandala Project because:
- It kicked off with a great launch. A Creative Being did an amazing CAL using the beautiful overlay crochet mandala pattern by an Etsy designer. This encouarged people to purchase a great unique pattern, to crochet together using what was a new technique for many people and also got attention for Marinke’s mandala making skills. Later Marinke also gave us her own free crochet mandala pattern. This all helps her get known as a great crochet mandala maker, which gives great attention to the weekly series itself.
- It is a unique project. You really don’t see too many crochet mandalas. (I know because I had to hunt hard to do my roundup earlier this year of crochet mandala patterns!) I also can’t think of another project this year where a crochet designer specifically shared her inspiration and what she made from on it on this type of simple weekly basis.
- Her work, and the photos for the posts, are just beautiful. I love seeing the images that she chooses for her inspiration. It reminds us that we can get crochet inspiration from just about anywhere! I love seeing the clear photos of her finished mandalas. And I really love the photos she does where she places the inspiration side by side with the finished item in the same picture.
What Is This Crochet Blog Award?
Not sure what this award is all about? It’s one of my annual crochet blogger awards, given out on this blog every day each December. Learn all about it here.
Leitura adicional ...
- Link Love! Melhores crochê posts da semana, incluindo padrões de crochet livre
- 40% Off Crochet salvar minha vida este fim de semana apenas
- Patrocinar Amor: Adoce sua pele com Lo-Lo por Bar-Maids (w / Giveaway)
- Transitions continuou por este criativo Blogger
- Entrevista com Kathryn: Os Março crochê Questions