Back in March I told you all about The Textile and Fiber Art List (TAFA). Well I am thrilled to say that this great resource for marketing your work would love to have more crocheters involved in what they are doing and so they are offering a 25% discount off of a membership to the readers of this blog!!
What is TAFA?
TAFA is a professional organization designed to help build and strengthen businesses within the fiber arts community. Entrepreneurs in any area of the fiber arts can come together to celebrate the traditions of the past while promoting contemporary use of textiles in art. They are very welcoming to crocheters and want to help us promote and celebrate our craft. (But if you do other fiber arts, you’re totally welcome as well … just wanted to point out that they’re loving crochet). It’s designed for people who work in the fiber arts (so if you sell your crochet on Etsy, have a booth at a local craft fair, sell patterns via Ravelry, etc, then it’s something that could work for you.
What do you get from a membership?
TAFA is offering my blog readers 25% off of the one-time membership fee, which normally costs $75. I’ll reiterate – this is a one-time fee so you don’t have to pay a bunch of renewal costs. You use your discount now and you get to become a member – period.
Here is what you get from being a TAFA member:
- You will be able to showcase your fiber arts business in the illustrated database that is the TAFA website. Your work will be viewed by readers who come to the site specifically to look for fiber art. This includes bloggers wanting to write articles, wholesalers looking to buy products, etc. You increase the market for your fiber art.
- You join a community of like-minded people who are going through the same things you are as a fiber arts business owner. It’s always great to be part of a supportive community! If you choose to, you can participate in brainstorming, marketing ideas and networking with each other. There are also smaller communities within the TAFA community, such as the TAFA team on Etsy and the members-only Facebook group. And the site will be launching forums in the near future.
- You get to support the work of other fiber artists. First of all, you can support them as you want to through the networking opportunities of being part of this community. But just signing up to be a member means that your fees support TAFA and that’s supporting other fiber artists.
TAFA is right for you if …
- You are a crocheter or other fiber artist selling your work, especially in an online setting.
- You have a fairly well-developed online presence and good photography of your work.
- You want to improve your business skills, network with a fiber arts community and market yourself more.
How to get the discount
My readers are offered a discount of 25% off of membership so the total membership fee will be $56.25. Here’s what you need to do to get the deal:
- Leave a comment here on the blog saying you want the deal.
- Visit the TAFA List membership page.
- Use the proper link to submit an application to become a member. In your email, make sure that you say that you want the Crochet Concupiscence discount!
- Once you are approved you will pay your fee online. You will pay the full $75 but will be refunded back the 25% discount.
This deal is active right now. It expires at midnight PST on Sunday June 24, 2012.