Um ano atrás em crochê: Elaine Bradford, Francine Toukou, Rachel Bilson, BobiCreations
What was happening during the last week of March in 2011? And what’s happened since then in relation to that old news? Let’s take a crochet-focused look!
The crochet artist I profiled was Elaine Bradford. You don’t hear a lot about this crochet artist but I fell in love with her beautiful huge animal sculptures. This work is a permanent exhibition for her local Texas library which I think is wonderful. Infelizmente, there are no photos on her site newer than 2010 and none on her Flickr newer than summer 2011. I do know that she currently has some mixed media artwork up for sale in a silent auction and that she displayed some older work in a storefront display last spring:
In other art news, I had written that Miami illustrator Danny Brito had been on the hunt for the perfect crochet rug for his vintage-inspired first solo exhibit. However I then found out that the show had actually happened one year before the news article I’d seen. I have no idea if he ever found his crochet rug.
Livros de crochet
Revi Crochê Chic: Haute Couture por Francine Toukou. I made the chunky char-cowl from this book which I’ve worn many times. O livro foi publicado em 2009 and I don’t think there’s been any other by @francinetoukou but I recommend checking out her beautiful website. I especially enjoy her online lookbook. You can also buy her crochet patterns from the site.
Semana de Blog de crochê
It was knitting and crochet blog week and I joined up with daily posts. I’ll be participating again this year but it’s not until the end of April this year. My posts were about:
- Where I wanted to go with crochet … I mentioned four things I wanted to learn: cabos de crochê, plarn crochet, crochet jewelry and crochet pattern writing. I’ve dabbled a little in each of those things but definitely still have more to work on!
- A fio I love and a yarn I had a love/hate thing with
- My yarn organization. It has since changed. I now have my yarn on display by color throughout my home in old wash buckets and metal trash cans.
- My first crochet project
In news about crocheting for a cause, Shirley Mortensen was honored for her 50,000 horas de volunteerism.
Crochet proved relaxing for a stressed out spelling bee participant.
E paper doilies were making a comeback but I thought people should be using the more eco-friendly option of crochet doilies. Que disse, I recently saw a tutorial for paper doily cupcake wrappers that I kind of adore.
Em weird crochet news: “bad mom makes it impossible for grandma to crochet”.
Monsoon is a UK store. So is Evans which featured some fun sapatos de crochê at this time last year:
Here stateside crochet made an appearance at the first ever Nashville Fashion Week. It was presented by Jamie and the Jones who appeared again at the 2012 Nashville Fashion Week. Crochet isn’t the bulk of what they do but they do create beautiful clothes.
Crochê na Etsy
The Etsy crochet features that I chose this week last year were:
- Eco-Friendly Crochet Dish Scrubbies from SnippetFairy. See the SnippetFairy interview.
- Bandolete larga florido by YarnTwisted
- Triangular Shawl by annerstreet
- Turquoise Crochet Dress by goodtimesbarcelona
- Sexy Dress Cover Up by LeafLee
Citações de crochê:
As citações de crochê que foram apresentadas no site durante esta mesma semana no ano passado foram:
“The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary.” – Mary Kurtz
“Hooks and yarn should come with warning labels: Crocheting can become very addictive!” – Nita de Lilena
“Crochet is an accessible art that comes with a license to be prolific”. – Francine Toukou
“You can crochet with any fine, flexible, continuous material that you can wrap around a crochet hook.” – Waejong Kim e Anna Pulvermahker
“Seek inspiration from the mathematics of nature: coral, pedras, spiders’ webs, the spiraling shell of a mollusk, or even the innate beauty of formations of fungi. Seemingly ordinary objects take on a new dimension when they are converted to crochet stitches.” – Erika Knight
Crochê no Twitter
I recommended the following ten folks on Twitter; let’s see what they’re up to now:
- @Crochetville. Some updates from the crochet organization although I think it’s better to follow them on Facebook.
- @CrochetAllDay. Active updates from Irene Iannelli.
- @munromakes. Lots of fun shares from the web.
- @CrochetMarcy. No recent updates.
- @mk_carroll. Lots of great updates from this gal you probably know from Fresh Designs.
- @poetryinyarn. Updates from the winner of my 2011 Crochet impressionante Blogger Award for most helpful crochet content.
- @katebealesf. Updates from the editor of Crochet Today.
- @crochetmania. Active with crochet shares.
- @crochetblog. Now inactive.
- @missjulep. Occasional (rare) updates.
Aqui está o que eu estava fazendo um ano atrás:
Eu compartilhei minha first crochet shrug:
São estas a gostar “um ano atrás” Posts? Bem-vindo de feedback!