I am just so drawn to the stories I hear of these really old women who crochet like crazy really late into life. Oella Norman one takes the cake, I think. The Journal Gazette reports that this women is one hundred and three years old and spends 6-8 hours per day crocheting – when she’s not on her treadmill!!
People donate yarn to Norman to help her stay busy. She sells crocheted towels and pot holders to help offset the cost of the yarn that she does buy herself. Thanks to the help of a friend who did the work, the items she sells are now cutely labeled:
“Hello. My name is Oella. I am 103 years young. Please enjoy my hand-crocheted towels!”
One of the main things she makes are towels with her own crochet edging added to them. She gets inexpensive towels, cuts them into small towels and then adds the crochet work to make them unique. Good for her!
So, how long has she been doing this? Well she started crocheting when she was 16 and pregnant with her first child so you do the math!!
Other awesome old ladies who crochet:
- 94 Ano Crochets mulher adulta 5 Horas por dia
- 92 Anos Crochets Mulher quase cego para caridade
- Crocheter idoso recebe Lifetime Achievement Award
- 94-anos crochets mulher para pistola Mamas Packin
- 92 Ano Crochets mulher adulta 1 Blanket Por Semana
- 100 Ano Crocheter Velho Honrado para Doar 6000 Itens para a caridade
- 101 Anos de idade mulher Crocheted para 80 Anos
- Foster avó crochês luvas para kindergarteners in Need
- Mulher ainda fazendo crochê complicado depois de ligar 100