Byłem tak podekscytowany, gdy zobaczyłem, że Lion Brand Yarn napisał post o mojej książce, Crochet Saved My Life. Choć kochałem to, co powiedział o książce, co naprawdę mnie dotknął był, co ludzie mówili o własnej szydełku / drutach doświadczenia zdrowotne w komentarzach.
I’d encourage you to read the comments yourself but here’s an overview of the things that people talked about healing from with the help of crochet and knitting:
- Miscarriage, stillbirth and other pregnancy complications
- Grief related to the loss of loved ones including mothers and fiancees
- Cancer diagnosis and treatment
- PTSD and other trauma-related conditions
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Chronic illness and chronic pain, including fibromyalgia
- Pain and injury
- Stress and stress-related conditions
Our Crochet Health Stories Matter
It was hearing and sharing stories like this that made me proud of the book in the first place. I am so glad that the book continues to inspire people to talk about this topic. I treasure these exchanges on my blogs and the blogs of others like Lion Brand. Want to share your story? Join the Crochet Saved My Life Ravelry group and connect with others who heal through yarncrafting.