All this week we’re looking back at the crochet posts from this blog in 2012. There was a lot that happened! In this roundup I’ll share all of the items I crocheted and shared from my own crafty life.
- Crochet Improves a Knit Sweater
- Two Toned Granny Squares
- Specific Stitch Contest Scarf
- Black and White Granny WIP
This is when I launched a new monthly newsletter. I’ve loved putting that together and my subscribers seem to enjoy what I share. Sign up today if you haven’t already!
I shared how to upcycle old fishnets into sexy armwarmers with crochet. I also shared:
- Newest Crochet Dress
- A New Crochet Doggie Sweater for Betty
- Colorful Crochet Ring
- My Other Recent Crochet … And a little more!
- I shared a cute crochet puppy hat that my Mom made as well as a few things I made myself like my small rag rug and my new granny square scarf.
- I also shared how I upcycled fishnets to make crochet necklaces.
- And I shared the Twitter showdown showing how my Twitter activity compares to five other crochet bloggers.
- Surmount the Stash project update
- And finally I shared an update on my Swaddle crochet art project.
I shared my revamped beanbag chair.
And I wrote about my Pinterest crochet boards.
I made a new purple crochet dress
And I repurposed an old crochet pillow into new ones
I shared my thoughts on different ways to style outfits using crochet. The outfits were:
I also reviewed Jordana Paige tote bags for crocheters.
I shared links to some of my creative writing about crochet. And …
I frogged a pillow and made it into an oversized crochet shrug
I hung my circle vests on the wall to make art
I showed you how my crochet blanket is being used as a tablecloth
I worked on lots of different granny square projects
I made this sukienka crochet and am trying to figure out how to style it
I also tried to figure out how to style this purple crochet dress
I finished my crochet rugs
And I made some crochet headbands
I reviewed my experience with Year of Projects and explained why I’m not participating again this year
I launched my new book, Crochet Saved My Life, which has received terrific support and some great reviews.
I tried to crochet with Mizuhiki paper cords
I did a roundup of ten of my favorite crochet blogs
I shared the links to sign up for my two different newsletters
Crochet Concupiscence and my book Crochet Saved My Life both got some great off-blog attention this month as well. Here are some of those links:
I was honored to be compared to the CLF
My book was available at the Hudson Valley Yarn Crawl
I got Yarn Info From Spinchat
And my awesome readers helped someone find the pattern she was looking for. Thanks!
I don’t have any specific plans for what I’ll be crocheting in 2013 but I have a few things in mind and I’m excited to see what develops and what I learn. Of course I’ll continue sharing that on the blog.