Drumroll please … The winner of the 2012 award for the best fiber farm blog is:
* Susan Gibbs of Juniper Moon Farm *
Best Fiber Farm Blog
Today’s Awesome Crochet Blog Award is for the best blog from a fiber farm. This is one of the few awards of the year that isn’t strictly for a crochet blog and in fact there is only rarely a post with crochet on the blog. Jednak, fiber farms are a really important part of the yarn craft industry and I think it’s worth paying attention to them now and then. A good one gives us some insight into the life of a farmer, celebrates yarncrafting and shares beautiful and inspiring yarn with the readers.
About The Winner
Susan Gibbs left corporate New York City in search of a more authentic life and bought a farm in Pennsylvania where she raises Cormo sheep and angora goats for fiber. In just a short amount of time, she developed her own yarn line, launched the world’s first fiber CSA, added workshops to the farm and this year helped launch a new print magazine devoted to the crafty/homey arts. The Juniper Moon Farm blog keeps readers up to date about those things, shares photos I love about the animals from the farm (including the adorable guard dogs!) and generally shares farm life for those of us who wish to live vicariously.
3 Reasons The Winner Won
I follow the blogs of several fiber farms but I chose Juniper Moon Farm as the winner of this award because:
- The Yarned By You series. The blog regularly shares images and stories about the items readers make using Juniper Moon Farm yarn and patterns; recently there was a Crochet Gallery. This is a terrific celebration of the farm’s customers as well as a great way to really see what the yarns can do.
- The photos! Whether it’s the farm animals or the yarn made from their coats the photos always look like something I want to touch.
- I love Susan’s authentic voice on the blog. I really just feel like I’m getting periodic updates about farm life from a friend even though I don’t know her personally. She makes recommendations about crafts, books and other things readers may like. She’s a little witty, a little sweet, a little educational.
It didn’t affect my choice of winner in any way but I want to say a special thanks because Juniper Moon Farm launched By Hand craft magazine this year and included an article I wrote in their debut issue.
What Is This Crochet Blog Award?
Not sure what this award is all about? It’s one of my annual crochet blogger awards, given out on this blog every day each December. Learn all about it here.
Dodatkowe lektury ...
- 2013 Niesamowite Nagrody Blog Crochet: Book Tour najlepszym szydełka
- 2013 Niesamowite Nagrody Blog Crochet: Ulubiony Ekscentryczny Blogger
- 2013 Niesamowite Nagrody Blog Crochet: Najlepsze Darmowe szydełka wzory
- 2013 Niesamowite Nagrody Blog Crochet: Najlepsze recenzje Szydełkowa książka
- 2013 Niesamowite Nagrody Blog Crochet: Informacje najlepszym Crochet Projekt