Drumroll please … The winner of the 2012 award for the blog with the best crochet reviews is:
* Robyn Chachula of Crochet By Faye *
Best Crochet Reviews
Today’s Awesome Crochet Blog Award is for the blog offering the best crochet-related reviews. Many bloggers review books, haki, yarn and other products for their readers. A good review provides more information than opinion but also has its own point of view. Reading through these reviews can obviously help crocheters determine which products are worth checking out. Importantly, reviews also give attention to the products that people in our crochet community are creating.
About The Winner
Robyn Chachuła (@crochetbyfaye) is a crochet designer who specializes in creating architecture-inspired designs for intermediate level crocheters who want to take their work to the next level. She is a crochet teacher and the author of multiple crochet books. Her designs have also been featured in other books as well as crochet and knitting magazines. She serves as a crochet expert for PBS Shows like Knit and Crochet Now. I follow her blog mostly because I love seeing her insights into life as a crochet designer but she’s also stood out this year for her great crochet book reviews.
3 Reasons The Winner Won
Lots of bloggers do crochet reviews and many of them are helpful. I decided to choose Robyn as the winner of this award because:
- She is discerning in the books that she chooses to review. I know that if it’s made the cut to be reviewed on Robyn’s blog then it’s a book that’s at least worth taking a second glance at.
- Robyn adds a personal touch to her reviews. She shares little tidbits of information that make it feel like you’re just learning about a book from a good friend. Na przykład, in her Curvy Girl Crochet review she mentions that the author is a great teacher and shares her own teahcing experience and in her review of Swetry zwyczaj szydełkowane she admits that she was a little intimidated as she dug into the book but explains why she was able to get over that.
- I always like the selections she makes in terms of the patterns she showcases from the book. She does a good job of selecting photos and projects that happen to appeal to me.
What Is This Crochet Blog Award?
Not sure what this award is all about? It’s one of my annual crochet blogger awards, given out on this blog every day each December. Learn all about it here.
Dodatkowe lektury ...
- 2013 Niesamowite Nagrody Blog Crochet: Ulubiony Ekscentryczny Blogger
- 2013 Niesamowite Nagrody Blog Crochet: Najlepsze Darmowe szydełka wzory
- 2013 Niesamowite Nagrody Blog Crochet: Najlepsze recenzje Szydełkowa książka
- 2013 Niesamowite Nagrody Blog Crochet: Informacje najlepszym Crochet Projekt
- 2013 Niesamowite Nagrody Blog Crochet: Najlepsze linki szydełka