Drumroll please … The winner of the 2012 award for the best photos from a crochet blogger is:
* Kate from Foxs Lane *
Best Photos on a Crochet Blog
Today’s Awesome Crochet Blog Award is for the crochet blogger who shares the best photos on her blog. Photos are so important on crochet blogs because we want to see what the blogger is talking about. They don’t just dress up a crochet blog; they provide information. When we can see the yarn up close, see the stitches in detail then we can get a good sense of the projects that are being shared. The best crochet blogs share high-quality photos not only of their work but also of their lives so we get to know them as individuals as well as makers.
About The Winner
Kate describes herself on her blog as a “mother of three girlies, wife of one farmer boy, organic farmer, maker, baker, crocheter, knitter, stitcher…” This is something you can see on her blog where she shares photos of her yarn work, foods she’s making, her children and her farm. It looks like a beautiful life filled with joy and that makes her blog a joy to follow.
3 Reasons The Winner Won
I can’t count on my fingers and toes how many beautiful crochet blogs I follow that have terrific photos. I narrowed this award down to Kate as the winner because:
- All of her posts are rich in photos. They aren’t just sprinkled in here and there but make up a beautiful bulk of her posts. Tak, she shares lovely words, but these pictures say a lot and you can count on them to be there and be beautiful in each post!
- Each photo is of high quality. Kate doesn’t describe herself anywhere as a professional photographer so I’m guessing that she’s not but you woudn’t know it considering the amazing quality of every single photo on this blog. There are no throwaway images here. Each photo has great color, great detail and great emotion.
- The variety in photos keeps you wanting to come back and see more. While most of the photos are detailed close-ups, she does the occasional long shot as well. The subject matter, style and lighting vary. While the crochet and yarn posts obviously interest me, the variety of other images actually intrigues me as well.
What Is This Crochet Blog Award?
Not sure what this award is all about? It’s one of my annual crochet blogger awards, given out on this blog every day each December. Learn all about it here.
Dodatkowe lektury ...
- 2013 Niesamowite Nagrody Blog Crochet: Best Baby Crochet Patterns
- 2013 Niesamowite Nagrody Blog Crochet: Najlepszy Blog Crochet zagranicznych
- 2013 Niesamowite Nagrody Blog Crochet: Book Tour najlepszym szydełka
- 2013 Niesamowite Nagrody Blog Crochet: Ulubiony Ekscentryczny Blogger
- 2013 Niesamowite Nagrody Blog Crochet: Najlepsze Darmowe szydełka wzory