Drumroll please … The winner of the 2012 award for the best crochet posts from a general craft blog is:
* Heidi from Speckless *
Best Crochet Posts from a General Craft Blog
Today’s Awesome Crochet Blog Award is for the best crochet blogs on a craft blog that isn’t generally focused on crochet. I know – that’s a mouthful for an award. The truth is that most blogs I read for crochet are blogs that feature multiple crafts. Only a handful focus just on crochet. Że wspomniana, most of them do emphasize crochet. What I’m talking about here is a blog that covers a lot of different crafts and doesn’t necessarily always have crochet but where the crochet posts are so good that it’s worth following for crochet anyway.
About The Winner
Speckless is the crafty blog of Heidi from Minneapolis who says in her about section that she likes “reading, DIY-ing, arting, Crafting, and cooking. I like vintage buttons and Mason jars.” The blog is named after her neat-freak, perfectionist side and you can see that in the clean design and in her craft work but don’t worry; she’s totally approachable in her voice. Heidi sells embroidery and crochet patterns on Etsy and has a Flickr pool where people who use her patterns can share their makes.
3 Reasons The Winner Won
There are a lot of general craft blogs that have crochet on them now and again. Speckless won this crochet blog award for 2012 because:
- The blog’s top posts include crochet. Like I said, there are many other topics covered on this blog and yet the crochet posts (particularly the darmowe wzory szydełkowe) are so popular that you’ll see them in the “top posts” area of the side bar.
- There is variety in the style of crochet posts. Although the crochet patterns have definitely been the most popular, there are also crochet book reviews, tutoriale szydełka, and product shares. Multi-craft blogs that only occasionally feature crochet often seem to focus on just one type of crochet post so this makes Speckless a stand out for me.
- I happen to like this blogger’s style of crochet. I especially like her interest in broomstick lace and her work in making mixed media rocks but in general I’ve just enjoyed the choices of things she’s shared in crochet.
What Is This Crochet Blog Award?
Not sure what this award is all about? It’s one of my annual crochet blogger awards, given out on this blog every day each December. Learn all about it here.
Dodatkowe lektury ...
- 2013 Niesamowite Nagrody Blog Crochet: Best Baby Crochet Patterns
- 2013 Niesamowite Nagrody Blog Crochet: Najlepszy Blog Crochet zagranicznych
- 2013 Niesamowite Nagrody Blog Crochet: Book Tour najlepszym szydełka
- 2013 Niesamowite Nagrody Blog Crochet: Ulubiony Ekscentryczny Blogger
- 2013 Niesamowite Nagrody Blog Crochet: Najlepsze Darmowe szydełka wzory