Jutro jest Międzynarodowy Dzień szydełka. Jeśli nie wiesz, co to jest, czytaj dalej. I nawet jeśli nie wiesz, co to jest, czytaj dalej tak, bo mam kilka propozycji, jak świętować!
History of International Crochet Day
Front Ganek Jimbo declared this international holiday for the first time back in 2007. Here’s what Jimbo said about why he started it:
“I have thought for a long time now that the art of crochet and those who practice the art deserve some significant recognition. And so in my great power as the Ruthless Tyrant of my vast hook empire have decided to declare that Sept 12, 2007 will be a Holiday that I’m cleverly calling “Międzynarodowy Dzień szydełka”. I’m giving everyone who works for me (ME) a day off. You just go ahead and take the day off too…. tell’em Jimbo said it’s ok (see where that gets you!)”
International Crochet Day is not some huge holiday that everyone knows about but it’s a holiday that has gained awareness and attention year upon year. Crochet gets a lot more praise as a craft these days than it did even five years ago when the holiday was launched. By celebrating this holiday, you celebrate your craft, the crafty community and creativity in general!
Przy okazji, each year Jimbo gives away one of his great handcrafted crochet hooks to celebrate this holiday. Można enter to win on his blog but hurry up because the giveaway ends tomorrow.
Ideas for Celebrating International Crochet Day
Here are some ideas for ways to celebrate International Crochet Day:
- Hook w publicznej. People will ask what you’re making and you can use this as a way to spread the word about crochet.
- Szydełku przedmiot na aukcji charytatywnej. Oto 25 organizacji charytatywnych, które przyjmować darowizny szydełkowe.
- Teach someone how to crochet. Do it in person or share your knowledge via YouTube or written format.
- Learn a new crochet technique or skill to expand upon your own experience of crochet.
- Do a crochet giveaway on your blog. This give people a good reason to spread the word about crochet!
- Buy a handcrafted crochet item. Support the crochet that other people are doing!
- Spread the word about International Crochet Day. Tell people on your blog, social sites and real world why crochet is an amazing craft.
- Buy a copy of my new book for yourself or someone else. This book celebrates the power and value of crochet. W rzeczywistości, check back here at midnight to find out about a special 24 hour sale price on my book!
- Just crochet. Enjoy your craft; that’s what it is for!
How are you going to celebreate International Crochet Day?