It’s time for a little bit of link love. Here were my favorite crochet blog posts from the week around the web:
Yarnstorm Boot Camp is coming up in the UK. You may remember back in February that I posted about this yarnbombing boot camp. The date had changed and it’s now happening in October so it’s time to sign up. If you’re in the UK, or planning a UK vacation, and want to spend the weekend with crafty edgy yarnbombing people then it could be worth checking out.
Smart Crochet Words
- Designing Crochet Shawls. Kim Guzman shares some info on shapes for designing crochet shawls.
- Crochetwear Book Review. About Crochet reviewed this book by Ann Regis that looks really interesting. It’s from 2010 but I’d actually never heard of it before so I’m glad Amy mentioned it this week!
- 2012 Creativity Series. I’ve mentioned this series of posts before from @whipup where guest bloggers discuss different aspects of creativity. This post is a roundup of links to all the participants’s posts.
- 5 Amigurumi Tips from the Pros. A nice roundup of quick-and-easy tips over at CrochetMe.
- Q&A with Robyn Chachula. Interview with the author of Unexpected Afghans by @CrochetToday.
- Crafty Mamas Retreat. It was so enjoyable to read Laurinda’s journal entries of a crafty week.
Beautiful Crocheted Creations
Creative Carmelina has made another beautiful crochet + text art piece – a mobile
L is for Love has a great post this week showing lots of crochet-covered rocks
Zween made this adorable crochet turtle shell photography prop
Crochet How Tos
- How to do a Knotless Russian Join. When I stirred up the conversation again about whether or not it’s okay to put knots in your crochet many people asked me how you join a new ball of yarn without making a knot. Stitch and Unwind shared this video tutorial this week that provides one answer to that question.
- How to Weave in Slippery Yarn Ends. KnitPicks has video instructions for weaving in yarn ends with cotton and plant-based yarns that can be slippery.
- How to Crochet Seamless Rounds. This is the next installment of the amigurumi tutorial series over @CrochetKitten.
- How to Crochet the Chainless Double Crochet Foundation. Another good one from @newstitchaday. This is a nice alternative to the traditional foundation row followed by a row of double crochets.
New Crochet Patterns
- Double Sided Crochet Purse. @CraftGossip pointed us to this free crochet pattern by About Goodness and highlights that it offers a great opportunity to practice many different stitches including broomstick lace.
- How to Make a Granny Stool Cover. These covers seem to be really popular right now. (I love the ones by Wood & Wool Stool). My Rose Valley gives us a tutorial for making one work.
- New Crochet Mandala Pattern. Suz Place posted part one of a three part series to crochet a beautiful mandala. I’ll definitely have to add this to my list of mandala crochet patterns.
- How to Crochet Jewelry Pattern Book. This is a free downloadable ebook of ten crochet jewelry patterns.
- Child’s Striped T-shirt Dress. Super cute new free crochet pattern posted over at Pardon My Chaos.
Best Crochet Video of the Week
Live Effective Blog Hangout by CraftyPod featuring Tara Swiger, Allyson Dykhuizen, Abby Glassenberg, i Stacey Trock. Jest an online class related to this topic starting on Monday so if you like the video then the class might be right for you.
- Inside the Studio. Check out the yummy yarn (and other stuff) in @FreshStitches’ new studio.
- Yarn Snobbery. Really loved this post over at Stitch & Unwind about the unfairness of yarn snobbery – and how it cuts both ways.
- Crochet Today CAL roundup. Crochet Today did a CAL of a beautfiul crochet scarf by Dora Ohrenstein. This post shows different people’s versions of the scarf.
- Crochet Rocks Socks. @KRWKnitwear is coming out with a new book of crochet socks soon.
And Some Special Thanks
- To Rayela Art for posting about my new book. In her post she shares a great story of creativity worth checking out!
- The book was also mentioned by Crochetville in the forums and on Facebook. Thanks to everyone who left terrific comments on that FB post!!
- And the book was even mentioned again by SIBOL (również on Ravelry) i Sandy. Tons of thanks to everyone showing interest in what I’m sharing!!!
- And thanks to Knittwittowo for linking to my post on crochet artist Magda Van der Vloed
Dodatkowe Reading ...
- Love Link! Najlepsze blogach szydełka w tygodniu, w tym bezpłatne wzory szydełkowe
- Top 10 Bezpłatne wzorów Szydełkowa z tygodnia (Love Link)
- Gdzie jest (Link Crochet) Miłość?
- 20+ Najlepsze nowe darmowe wzory szydełka i Poradniki Crochet (Mid-Week Love Link)
- I serce szydełko Blogs! Ten tydzień Love Link!