I read hundreds of blog posts about crochet each week. I want to share with you my favorites from this week.
Smart Words on Crochet
- The Motif Journey. I liked this post by @foxslane about the process of completing a motif a day with no end product in mind.
- Kathy Merrick Explains her Twiggy Dress Design. It’s on the cover of Interweave Crochet’s Summer 2012 issue and @lornaslaces has some great things to say about it.
- Building a Crochet Club. @craftgossip shared a great story about building a crochet club so that she wasn’t just crafting alone. Have you see the ten benefits of a crochet group?
- Choosing Yarn and Gauge Swatching. This post from @lionbrandyarns is for their shrug CAL but it has useful tips for anyone’s projects.
Beautiful Things People are Crocheting
Loving this colorful WIP by Little Woollie
Go check out the whole process of how Attic 24 made this great crochet rose wreath
Paisleyjade has finished up what she’s called The Retro Caravan Blanket
I guess I’m all about color this week because I’m also really loving this colorful ripple blanket from Insomniac with a Hook
Favorite Video of the Week
Lately I’m kind of loving the video trailers for the crochet classes on @BeCraftsy like this one for a class by @freshstitches
Crochet Tips and Ideas
- How to Use Ravelry’s Stash Feature. Awesome guide with lots of tips and ideas for using this part of Ravelry to help you organize your crafting life. From @freshstitches
- How to Block Lace with Blocking Wires. Nice guide and video tutorial on this basic part of finishing a crochet or knit piece from @websyarnstore.
Crochet Patterns and Tutorials
- Polyhedral Balls Crochet Pattern. @planetjune has put together some fun geekcraftery with this math-loving crochet pattern set now available for sale in her online shop … I have to say that another article from June that I thought was great this week was her guide to the amigurumi invisible increase.
- How to Work Tapestry Crochet. The master of this niche of crochet, Carol Ventura (@tapestrycrochet), shares this guide on the @crochettoday website.
- Maureen Scarf Pattern by Lisa Cox. This pretty lacy scarf is offered as a free crochet pattern in both UK and US terms over @aspoonfulsugar.
- Color Trends for Fall. Look at yarn in color from @berrocodesign.
- How to Wind a Center Pull Ball. Nice simple guide from @crochetkitten that is useful for all yarn crafters.
And Some Special Thanks
- To @AllotmentAli for crowning me a Queen of Crochet on her blog
Dodatkowe Reading ...
- Love Link! Best Crochet Blog Posts of The Week Including Free Crochet Patterns
- Top 10 Bezpłatne wzorów Szydełkowa z tygodnia (Love Link)
- Gdzie jest (Link Crochet) Miłość?
- 20+ Najlepsze nowe darmowe wzory szydełka i Poradniki Crochet (Mid-Week Love Link)
- I serce szydełko Blogs! Ten tydzień Love Link!