Zoals ik al zei recently in a post about going to a craft group, it’s time for the annual Wereldwijd brei- en haak in openbare Week. Zijn tecnically een beetje langer dan een week; Dit jaar datums zijn juni 14 – 22. That means that it starts tomorrow. What are you going to do to celebrate?
What Is WWKIP Week?
Some info about this event from de website:
- World Wide Knit in Public Day was started in 2005 by Danielle Landes. Er waren 25 local events that year. The number grew to over 750 door 2009. We’re now in the 9th year.
- This a specific day to get out of your house and go to a local event (with your knitting in tow) just for you and people like you.
- WWKiP Day is unique, in that it’s the largest knitter run event in the world. It’s organized by local volunteers in a variety of places.
- WWKiP Day is really about showing the general public that knitting can be a community activity in a very distinct way.
Wat u kunt doen
The main point, Natuurlijk, is just to get out there and knit or crochet in public to celebrate the craft among other people who are celebrating the craft. But here are some other ways that you can participate:
- Join a local KIP event. Ze hier vinden.
- Support the cause by purchasing a WWKiP T-shirt.
- Spread the love op Facebook.
- Let other people know why you think it matters that we participate.
So Why Does Participating Matter?
- It brings crafters together. Meet your local crafting community.
- It celebrates knitting and crochet.
- It gets new people interested in yarncrafting.
- It lets people know what’s great about knitting and crochet, including that these crafts heal.
- It’s a week for mass creativity. I believe that there is power in that.
- It’s fun!