Ik lees van al de haak-gerelateerde posten deze week, Deze waren degenen ik dacht dat je niet mag missen!
Do you have a crochet project that was a total failure? Don’t let it go to waste! There’s a book coming out in 2014 genoemd CraftFail and they’re seeking submissions. De auteur (@craftfail) zegt:
“I am seeking submissions for CraftFail, an upcoming book by me, Heather Mann, van CraftFail.com, which will feature ugly crafts, Pinterest projects gone wrong, epic cooking fails, Not-quite-ready-for-Martha crafts, and unfortunate yet hilarious DIY fails. I invite beginning crafters, Pinterest enthusiasts, craft bloggers, professional crafters and makers of all stripes to submit their
werkworst work for possible publication in this book.”
Slimme haak berichten
- The Story of a Granny Square Blanket. @molliemakes shares some tips on how to pull together the colors of different squares to make a cohesive crochet blanket.
- Let’s Talk About Selling your Crochet. JD @Craftgossip has kicked off an interesting conversation about pricing your crochet items for sale.
- Learn to Crochet Hats. A basic primer from @crochetme.
- Knit and Crochet for American Heart Month. Stitch and Unwind reminds us that it’s Heart Health Month and talks about how we can recognize that with crafting.
- 6 Tips for Writing Crochet Patterns. From Crochetology.
- Crochet Stiffener Recipes. @crochetkitten explains why you might want to stiffen your crochet and gives recipes to help you do it.
Mooie haak maakt
Lucy van Zolder 24 shared her newly-completed granny patchwork blanket. Click through to see all of her terrific photos of the colorful richness.
Schattig crochet swingcoat that Thornberry made for her little girl
BaleaRaitz has created a new Romanian Point necklace for her Etsy shop; it was inspired by a cup of coffee!
I’m also adoring the new crochet necklace design from Double Crochets (@masxalitsa)
- How to Crochet the Star Stitch. Each week there is always at least one stitch tutorial from @newstitchaday that I just have to share; this is this week’s!
- How to Crochet a Ruffle on a Completed Amigurumi. Van @freshstitches.
- How to Attach Amigurumi Limbs with No Sewing. From @poetryinyarn.
- How to Crochet a Hearts Wall Hanging for your Home. Great tutorial for a cute idea via @creativejmom.
- Eleggant Crochet Hook Review. Marie of Underground Crafter actually did this review last year but I became aware of it this week when we were commenting back and forth on a post here on this blog. She says it’s a hook option that takes a little getting used to but has helped her a lot with crochet-related hand cramping.
- Haak Noro. @lindamade talks about her two projects that are in this popular crochet book.
- 50 Fabulous Crochet Squares. Sew I See shares thoughts on this crochet book by by Jean Leinhauser and Rita Weiss.
- Oma-vierkanten: 20 Crochet Projects with a Vintage Vibe. Suz Place shares a preview of this new book coming out in the spring/ summer.
Snelle en stevige haak oor Warmer patroon via @projectsathouse (gratis haak patroon)
This one is more of a basic tutorial or recipe but you can get the gist of how to make the crochet triangle granny scarf using the directions from It’s Time to Create (@sohappyinred); vond dit een via een link van de Craft School van @creativejmom
Aja van (ambachtelijke)LIEFDE gedeeld een gratis haak patroon voor Gevilte kommen
gedeeld @lastejeymaneje de Bru Bear, which is not just a pattern but a full crochet kit being sold to raise money and awareness about an endangered bear species.
@elevenhandmade has a beautiful new Tunesische haak trui patroon te koop
Interweave has put together a collection of 10 popular afghans, dekens, and throws called Craft Tree: Crocheted Afghans spotted via This is Crochet
Haak citaat van de Week
“Crochet is really a kind of life-and-death situation for me. I am crocheting to survive in the future.” – Crochetology
This week’s video is knit, niet haak, but so worth seeing.
New yarn from Berocco, via @websyarnstore
- Pickles (@eatpickles) heeft een new wool yarn, available in nearly two dozen colors, that they describe as a versatile, durable yarn in a harmonic, melanged palette. Lovely.
Andere Crafty Stuff
- Science Says Knitting Burns More Calories Than Sex. I’ll just leave this with no comment.
- Doily Free Zone, the 1st International Symposium of Young Lace Makers, takes place in Pavia, just south of Milan, coinciding with Milan Design Week. Info via @stitchlily
- Congrats to Twinkie Chan who got her crochet work featured in the amazing Nylon magazine.
Sommige speciale dank
- Paula Moliver for giving a positive review to Haak mijn leven gered
- Stacey of Fresh Stitches for interviewing me about my current fundraising project Haak om te genezen
- Elisabeth Andree for also writing about Hook to Heal.
- De Haak om te genezen fundraiser was also supported by TracyAnn of Crochet Happy
- Gebreide kunst for linking to the crochet gun store art project I’d shared previously by Monte Smith
- Morgen Bailey for sharing an interview with the author about me on the new site dedicated to such interviews.
- Geïnspireerd haak for doing an interview with me for the February issue of the digital magazine.
Ik wil ook zorg ervoor dat alle van de geweldige mensen die Hook to Heal met hun bijdragen steunen bedanken. I’ve done a shoutout post on my professional website. Merci helemaal!
Gelukkig weekend en gelukkig lezen! Als dit niet genoeg creatieve lezen voor u dan wilt u misschien ook uitchecken de “kunst en smarts” link liefde roundup ik heb gedaan op mijn persoonlijke blog, Dagboek van een slimme meid.