Van alle van de haak-gerelateerde berichten las ik deze week, dit waren degenen die ik dacht dat u niet mag missen!
Mollie Makes magazine released a one-off issue this week called Mollie Makes Home. I don’t know everything that is in it but I do know that some of the crochet includes a granny square motif pillow and a beginner’s granny blanket. The images are lovely.
Smart Haak berichten
- Rediscovery of Crochet. I really loved this post from @yourwishcake about her not-so-happy history with crochet and then her adult rediscovery of the craft.
- Voldoen de Designer: Andrea Hoglan. A little bit about a crochet designer via Stitch and Unwind.
- Knitting and Crocheting Spaces at Home. This is another good post in the 31 Days of Organizing series by @websyarnstore
- Simply Crochet: On Mags and Blogs. Meme Rose had a good overview of the new Simply Crochet magazine and some smart things to say about how loving crochet blogs can make it hard to appreciate crochet magazines these days.
- The Origins of Filet Crochet. Crochet Me shares a little niche crochet history.
Mooie Haak Makes
One Sheepish Girl shared her crochet-edged calendar; follow the link to find her tutorial for crocheting around paper
Hoe om te Haak
- How to DC in BLO. Via New Stitch a Day.
- How to Extended Single Crochet. Met video tutorial van @ mooglyblog
- How to Crochet in the Round. Via Aesthetic Nest.
- How to invisible decrease. Via @planetjune.
- Tips for Crocheting Teeny Tiny Antennae. Amigurumi advice from @freshstitches.
- Learn Amigurumi Basics. A starter post from @crochettoday. It recommends getting more info from @freshstitches, @planetjune and @mochimochiland who are all known for their ami skills.
I Love Button’s by Emma shared a gratis haakpatroon for this cute stripy giraffe
Cheerful Ripple Crochet Blanket, a free pattern from Adventures in Thread
Toasty crochet handwarmers; a tutorial free from Bunny Mummy.
Crochet African Heart Pincushion, a free tutorial from @sandycherryhrt
Spike Stitch Crochet Heart Pattern from Petals to Picots (gratis patroon)
Cozy charm bracelet, free pattern from Cozy Things
The Dapper Toad is offering a free pattern for crochet mountains. Unique!
Planet June has a new set of baby cephalopod amigurumi patterns te koop. Ze zegt: “A perfect use for yarn scraps, these mini amigurumi take only 25-30m of yarn apiece, and work perfectly in any colour.”
Moogly did a nice roundup of free ruffle crochet patterns.
Crochet Dynamite offers a free pattern for upcycling capri sun bags with crochet to make a magazine tote bag.
- Crochet One Skein Wonders. A preview from the co-editor Edie Eckman.
- De nieuwe Tunesische Haak. Lion Brand shares that Dora Ohrenstein will be signing copies of her new book at their store on Valentine’s Day.
- Fashion Haak. @UCrafter is doing a new series sharing vintage needlework publications and this one is a super interesting look at a 1970 gehaakte boek.
- Vintage Mags and Leaflets. @anastaciaknits has some great photos this week of vintage needlework publications
Crochet Quote of the Week
“between much ado and the daily things, i – natuurlijk – haken. i realize more than ever that it keeps me sane.” – Elisabeth Andree
Via Irene Lundgaard
- Mesh Yarn: How do I begin? Tips from Tanis Galik on working with this unique type of novelty yarn
- Spinner’s Bucket List. Sweet Georgia Yarns (@heysweetgeorgia) has put together a list of 80 things to learn / do as a yarn spinner.
Sommige Special Thanks
- PsychCentral for the positive review of Haak Saved My Life. It was also mentioned in a lovely post by Netheranne.
- Laurie Wheeler for sharing the press release for Haak om te genezen on the Crochet Liberation Front blog. It was also mentioned by Debi.
Gelukkig weekend en veel leesplezier! Als dit niet genoeg is creatief lezen voor u dan kunt u ook kijken op de “kunst en smarts” link liefde roundup ik heb gedaan dan op mijn persoonlijke blog, Dagboek van een Smart Chick.