Of all of the crochet blog posts that I read this week (and there were over 800 waiting for me when I returned from my 4 day no-computer trip to Southern California) these are the ones that I enjoyed the most. Enjoy!
Sir Stephen the Bunny CAL has just begun. @crochetme is hosting a crochet along to make an adorable stuffed bunny wearing a cute vest. The first part, to crochet the head, is scheduled for today and the next part is for a week from today so there’s still time to join in.
Smart Words About Crochet
- Magic Ball Crochet and Knit. What it is and some examples from @craftgossip
- Interesting Pinterest Article. Ik weet, there are so many Pinterest articles right now, but what is unique here is the creative way that TAFA has decided to create a Pin board that members can join to indicate to others that they are fine with their stuff being pinned.
- Interview with June, Part 1. @planetjune shares the answers to some questions asked by her Ravelry group.
- Interview with Krochet Kids. Nice NY Times interview with the non-profit crochet guys.
- 10 Questions with Tanis Galik. An interview with the author of Interlocking Crochet from @SCCmag
Mooie Dingen Mensen worden Haken
Crochet in Color used 9 yarn colors to get the ombre effect for this crochet basket pattern
I adore the new leather and lace crochet jewelry collection from @donnasdecembers
Handige Haak tips
- Crocheting from a Graph. The basics for those who aren’t quite sure how it works.
Grote Haak Patronen en Tutorials
- Ship Shape Basket. Nice organic crochet basket pattern from @eatpickles
- Crocheted Lego Blanket Tutorial. All Things Bright and Beautiful posted this great tutorial that I found via @craft
- Really Easy Slouchy Beanie Crochet Pattern. A pattern from Jenn Likes Yarn.
- WEBS is Still Kinda Local Right? Aaron from the Times Union Fiber Arts blog shares the experience of going to the big WEBS store.
- 51 Examples of Yarnbombing. We’ve seen many of these before but it’s still a nice roundup of knit and crochet graffiti from @weburbanist.
Andere Leuke Haak Blog Posts
- Juniper Moon Farm Design Contest Finalists. I mentioned this contest awhile back in one of my weekly crochet calls for submission. Only one of the eight finalists (Christie’s Cowl and Cloche by Karen Watson) are crochet instead of knit (as far as I can tell). Lots of beautiful work though. If you like Juniper Moon Farm, vote for them as the best yarn company at About.com deze week.
- Crocheted Flags for Olympic Countries. Check out the slideshow of this creative blanket donation over at SIBOL.
And Some Special Thanks This Week
- @handmadeology published Part Two of my series on offline marketing for online businesses; this part features tips for vending at craft fairs
- And thanks to Bridge and Beyond for sharing my donation!