We’re in a new month and crochet blog posts continue to surprise and amaze me. Here were my favorites from around the hooky web this week.
Slimme woorden over haak
- I Don’t Like to Brag … Why Being Too Humble Hurts Us. Absoluut 100% agree with @crochetlibfront on this … I think every crafter should read this article.
- Setting Prices for Amigurumi. This is a helpful post from @planetjune. If you don’t sell your crochet, dat is oke; you might get some good info on why things are priced as they are.
- Boye Ergonomic Crochet Hook Review. Nice review of a unique hook by @KeepsakeKrochet
- Graph Crochet Class. The Good Life shared about taking a Crochetville class in graph crochet and showed off some nice surface crochet work.
Terrific Crochet Interviews
- Interview with @Vashtirama. Marie from Underground Crafter manages to offer another great insightful interview with a terrific crochet designer.
- Interview with @KristinOmdahl. Kristin’s new seamless crochet book is out and this is a nice review of it by @crochetbyfaye along with an interview of Kristin. Eigenlijk @jimmybeanswool also did a nice interview with Kristin about the book and reading both of them together will give you lots of good info!
- Freeform Crochet Interview with Renate Kirkpatrick. I love learning more about freeform crochet and this @crochetspot interview hits the spot. It also includes some great basic crochet tips.
Grote haak mensen maken
Check out this adorable crochet dinosaur pillow from In de lus
Adoring this openwork scarf that’s a free crochet pattern … this one is made by Room on the Left
I couldn’t stop looking at all of the terrific photos of Bunny Mummy’s Kaleidoscope blanket in haar post. Do check them all out in that original post!
Nuttige Tips en Tutorials en schattig patronen
- Guide to Crocheting Dog Toys. Another great set of tips from @freshstitches. Useful for anyone who wants to gift a four legged friend with some crochet.
- Crochet Camera Strap Cover Tutorial. What a fun unique crochet project – and quick too! Nice job Rachel!
- Six Petalled Flower Pattern. Nice floral pattern from Little Treasures.
- Crochetvolution Spring 2012. The new online issue is out so there’s lots of patterns and goodies to check out.
- How Craftsy Patterns Work. Info for pattern designs and customers about using this great tool from @beCraftsy. You also might want to learn How Craftsy Classes Work.
Garens en berichten voor Yarnbombing
- How to Divide a Ball of Yarn in Half. Sometimes you need it exactly in half, like if you want to work with two strands at a time. Nice tip @kathyelkins!
- Yarnbomber Profiles. A new feature from Twilight Taggers.
- 12 Tips on How to Organize Your Yarn Stash. Thanks @lionbrandyarn!
Andere grote posten
- Yvonne Beale Crochet Interview. @fashion_ie interviewed this woman who has designed crochet jewelry for Michelle Obama.
- Kove Interview. @scoutmagazine interviewed Kyla Leslie of Cove, a successful Etsy crochet store.
- Spotted Crochet Blogs. @momwithahook has a fairly new regular feature sharing some of her newly discovered favorite blogs. Always good links here.
En sommige speciale dankzij deze week:
- Brug en daarbuiten for sharing the award I sent over for best charity crochet blog
- De vaste Hand for mentioning my health benefits of crochet book. Also I wanted to mention that @armazey and I did a cross-blog conversation over on my other blog this week. It’s not all crochet but some of it is. If you’re interested it’s at http://www.diaryofasmartchick.com.
- Yarn Obsession voor de toekenning van me de veelzijdige Blogger Award. I 'm going to cheat omdat ik ontving deze onderscheiding in augustus zodat zal ik link naar deze post in plaats van het doen van een nieuwe.
- @Handmadeology for sharing my post on Why Handmade Businesses Should Support a Charity.