Links to all of my favorite crochet blog posts from around the web this week. Which are your favorites?
It’s official …
Here’s the link to the info if you want to join this year. I’ll be taking part. I first saw the @eskimimi announcement via @Sarah_Knight
Smart Words About Crochet
- Crochet DOES NOT Use 1/3 More Yarn Than Knitting. Thanks to @crochetlibfront for busting this myth with a great explanation.
- Don’t Pin Me Bro! The Saga of Copyright and Pinterest. Very thorough and thoughtful article from @aberrantcrochet on a hot topic.
- Crochet Mathematics: Chaos. I love the series of crochet-related math stuff from @creationsbycris.
- Haak video 's – Independent Producer. Some smart thoughts from crochet video genius @crochetgeek
Terrific Crochet Interviews
- Interview of Sandie Petit from Crochet Cabana. Another great interview from Underground Crafter, this time of one of the ladies who won my Awesome Blogger Award for her charity crochet work. @crochetcabana
Beautiful Things People are Crocheting
ADHD Crochet made a crochet larynx for class. Go to the original post to see the whole process. This reminds me of some of the other anatomy crochet I saw when doing research for my post on organ donation crochet.
Crochet Blanket in Shoebox Doll House Project. Sure, the crochet is just a small part of this but I love the project and think you should check out the full post from @creativejmom!
Learn more about this crochet flower bike basket from Stitch of Love.
Helpful Tips and Tutorials
- How to Get an Even Stitch and Gauge in Crochet. @freshstitches had another great Tuesday Tip! I actually don’t have an even stitch at all. I always crochet looser towards the end of a project than the beginning. I’ve actually learned to adapt to this, Hoewel, not just by paying attention to fix it (which I do for some projects) but also by using it to my advantage to create increase-size project without having to actually add increases (a technique I often use when making my own Haak jurken).
- Initial Double Crochet without Starting Chain. A photo rich tutorial from @crochetspot
Great Crochet Patterns
- Cute Crochet Bunnies. New patterns for sale by @planetjune. Schattig.
- Instagram iPhone Case. French and English free crochet pattern from Isabelle Kessedjian.
Amazing Crochet Giveaways
- Win an eco-friendly plarn tote bag. @tinadeandesigns has already been at the Emmy’s and now her plarn creations are going to the Oscars! In celebration, she’s teamed up with GoGreenAmerica for a giveaway of a stunning denim and plarn tote bag valued at $120.
- Win a flock of sheep. Ja, you read that correctly. You obviously need to have the space and ability to care for them. And you have to complete a video entry explaining why you want them. But wow, what an amazing offer from @ShepherdSusie.
- Win @twinkiechan Goodies. Including perhaps a pizza scarf worth $140.
- Dye Studio Tour. Fun photo tour from @TanisFiberArts
- Contemplating Yarn Storage Ideas. @stitchstory found some great yarn storage options that I hadn’t seen before.
- Olek Yarnbombs the Streets. Great photos of Olek at work via @timeoutlondon
Other Fun Crochet Blog Posts
- Bullion Stitch Blocks. Marie from Underground Crafter has been working through the many advanced crochet techniques in Crochet Master Class and this week she’s on bullion stitches. I really like how she put together her post with a video from @mhdesigner and a share of a cool bullion block she worked.
- Meet a Nineteenth Century Crocheter Through Vintage Crochet Patterns. An ebook review by @tonilrex from crochetme