Foto uit Razblint (of the festival in a previous year)
I love San Francisco but at the moment I’m wishing just a little bit that I was in Pittsburgh. I’ve never actually been to Pittsburgh. So why would I want to go there right now? The reason is simple: I’ve been told that there is a crochet festival taking place there right now.
The 7th Annual Pittsburgh Knit & Crochet Festival features the following things and more:
- Amazing luxury yarns from both big and small vendors. That’s the part I really wish I was there for!
- Fashion show featuring yarn-based designs. I also wish I was there to see that! Crochet fashions are hot this year and I don’t know if I’ll make it to any fashion shows that feature it although I hope to find some locally here in San Francisco.
- Free classes for people who want to learn to crochet (or knit).
- Various craft projects that you can participate in.
- Talks such as John Kirkwood speaking about his particular breed of longwool sheep.
- Ball winding. Hog Heaven Rescue is providing yarn winding by donation.
It sounds like so much fun!
This crochet event starts today and runs through Sunday evening. It is being held at the Four Points Sheraton in Pittsburgh.
Do you know of any other annual crochet festivals around the nation? Tell me so I can start working them into my travel calendar!