Di tutti i post relativi all'uncinetto ho letto questa settimana, Questi erano quelli che pensavo da non perdere!
Prima che scaviamo, però, solo un promemoria circa l'affare che sto correndo questa settimana dove si può ottenere pubblicità gratuita nella barra laterale di concupiscenza Crochet in cambio di un contributo al mio gancio per guarire uncinetto progetto di raccolta fondi. Spendere solo $10 and get a digital copy of the book when it’s ready PLUS $50 worth of advertising on this site.
Qualcosa di speciale
Il Nuovo uncinetto tunisino book by Dora Ohrenstein is now for sale. Dora explains in her article that this book “details many techniques, from the most basic to very advanced, including lacy and textured stitches, Entrelac, intarsia, cabling, and short rows. The stitch dictionary features thirty individual stitch patterns, each with complete instructions and diagrams.” In addition to Dora’s designs, the book includes Tunisian crochet patterns from Vashti Braha, Doris Chan, Mento di Lily, Lisa Daehlin, Andrea Gracierena, Margaret Hubert, and Charles Voth.
Messaggi di Smart Crochet
- Discover Your Inner Child. Loved this @crochetme post that’s about using crafting to regain the wonder of childhood, something that I’m exploring right now in the research for my Gancio per progetto Heal, which is all about stuff like this!
- Stili d'epoca per oggi. @lionbrandyarn did a post I liked showing four knit/crochet patterns of theirs from 1912 and offering a side-by-side comparison of similar patterns of theirs from today. Goes along well with the vintage crochet series stuff I’ve been doing lately!
- On the News Stand. JD over @CraftGossip recently stopped in a Barnes and Noble and checked out a few magazines like Inside Crochet and the new Simply Crochet. She shares some thoughts.
- Sugar Coded Apps Releases New Crochet Decoder App. I wrote about this uncinetto app previously but now they’ve released some updates.
- Vintage Needlework Mags. Pop over to @anastaciaknits to see a visual post of the covers of some great old needlework mags; the crochet outfit on the top image is my favorite!
Rende bella Crochet
Lucy di attico 24 says about this colorful crochet doll blanket: “This has been the sweetest progetto, so much so that I am almost sad to see it finished. Everything about it was a complete pleasure. In realtà, that should read Pleasure with a capital P. The scale of it (dinky), the colours (delicious), the yarn (delightful) and the end result (darling) have all combined to make it a most wonderful hooky experience. Plus, there was the extra dimension of knowing that all my time and effort was being put into something very worthwhile indeed. A creative endeavour for a really Good Cause :: to raise money and help those in need.” Lucy also made a mini crochet ripple blanket that you can check out this week.
I love large granny square blankets like this Billow Blanket just completed by @knitpicks
@creativejmom shared her version of this easy crochet ruffled scarf, crochet pattern from Red Heart
- How to Crochet the Double Zig Zag Stitch. Via @crochettoday.
- How to Join Crochet Squares with SC. Via About.com Crochet.
- How to Crochet the Adjustable Ring. This is one post in a 3-part crochet basics series from @lionbrandyarn this week.
- How to Crochet a Flower. This one is a video tutorial from @molliemakes. Once you’ve learned to crochet a flower, you may like the post that @mooglyblog did this week linking to ten free crochet flower patterns.
- How to Crochet the Lacy Lattice Stitch. Via @newstitchaday with video tutorial.
- How to Crochet Standing Legs for Your Amigurumi. Da @freshstitches, con video.
@molliemakes condiviso il modello crochet libero per questa piazza di nonna cuore di @Emma_crochets
Avido per colore condivide un modello crochet libero per fare una uncinetto toadstool. Love the magical colors she choose for hers!
Sono entusiasta di molti dei pattern crochet che sarà nel maggio / giugno 2013 questione di @crochettoday, In questo modo Pixy Pullover.
@crochetme shared links to some great free crochet bag patterns
Sto amando questa crochet pattern sonaglio di uccello vendita da Mamachee, who happens to be my newest sponsor. Check her out!
@vickiehoweel has published her next crochet pattern book, a book of crochet hat patterns, available in @joann_stores
Uncinetto la citazione della settimana
This week’s crochet quote comes from the Talking Crochet newsletter, which lands in my inbox regularly.
“While enduring the cold snap of winter, many crocheters start nesting in their homes more than usual and find the warmth of the fireplace as well as the warmth of their crochet to be comforting on those long and cold gray days.”
I’m a little bit late sharing the news on this one as REAL LIFE has been slowing down blog life for me lately. I wanted to make sure to give the shout out though to recognize the efforts of the crocheters and knitters who helped the Stitch Red campaign meet the goal of getting featured on The Today Show. I’d mentioned in a link love post last month that they were trying to do this and seeking help. You guys all sent your support and the effort succeeded. Here’s the news clip from the Today show:
Il Punto rosso folks said explained in the press release that “They held up a couple of red knitted items that were generously donated by supporters (thank you again to all of you who made something/sent something red!). They said the pieces were “beautiful” and that it was “so cool” and thanked us for making the items.” They also made sure to add: “For those of you who made items that didn’t make it on air, please know that without your support we wouldn’t have been able to get on the segment. It was the huge splash of ALL the Stitch Red items that were made/sent in and subsequently shared with the anchors that caught the eye of the producers and convinced them they should give Stitch Red a mention.” So if you sent something in and don’t see it here, va bene; it was useful in spreading the word about heart health through crafting!
One More Crochet Video!
Notizie di filati
- @lionbrandyarn Donated $1,000,000 in Proceeds from Vanna White Yarn Line As Gift to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- @heysweetgeorgia shared a recap of the TNNA esperienza
Altre cose furbo
- There’s a new competition show in the works and it’s for knitters! Si chiama The Fiber Factor. It may be for knitting but I think it will be fun to watch even as someone who crochets and doesn’t knit.
- TKGA Frand Retreat. If you’re a crocheter who does also knit then you may want to know that it’s time to sign up for the May retreat of The Knitting Guild Association. It’s an intimate weekend of knitting workshops in Michigan via @TKGAGuild.
- Yarnia Yarn of the Year Contest. Happen to be in Portland? You can try your hand at making a knit or crochet swatch in a @yarniaPDX yarn blend and enter to win. (Gotta be an Oregon local for this one but it’s fun to look at it all play out online too!)
- @sexonastitch had her uncinetto pasticci for sale again at this year’s annual Toronto Erotic Arts and Crafts Fair.
- How to Sew a Crochet Collar onto a Shirt (Anthropologie style). Tutorial from @sewcandoblog, spotted via @craftgossip.
Qualche ringraziamento speciale
- Barbara of Made in K-town has invited people to guest post about their crochet worlds and I was honored when she extended the invite to me.
- Tamara of @mooglyblog for asking some amazingly smart questions in her interview of me about my Hook to Heal project.
- Sara (MomwithaHook) shared my guest post about the Gancio per progetto Heal.
- Andee Graves for letting me be part of the blog tour for her first crochet pattern book. So sweet of her to say in her post about my blog: “Just be warned, her site is a bit addictive and you can easily find yourself spending a few hours reading and exploring links.”
- Crochet Today for sharing my guest post last week on the Ultimate Guide di uncinetto per uomini and this week on Cross-mestieri per Crocheters.
- Arte maglia for linking to the post I did about terrific crochet artist Helle Jorgensen.
- FAI DA TE & Craft Ideas for sharing the link to my post of 25 uncinetto tecniche per imparare, che è solo un articolo nella mia serie di 25 inspiring articles for crocheters.
I also want to make sure to thank all of the amazing people who are supporting Hook to Heal with their contributions. You’re wonderful! The project is now more than 75% funded and there are two weeks left to go. Keep on spreading the word!
Buon fine settimana e buona lettura! Se questo non è abbastanza creativa lettura per voi, quindi si consiglia anche di controllare il “Arti e l'intelligenza” carrellata di amore di collegamento che ho fatto sul mio blog personale, Diario di una ragazza intelligente.