Di tutti i post relativi all'uncinetto ho letto questa settimana, Questi erano quelli che pensavo da non perdere!
Prima che scaviamo, però, just a reminder about the deal that I’m running this week where you can get free advertising on the sidebar of Crochet Concupiscence in exchange for a contribution to my Hook to Heal crochet fundraiser project. Spend just $30 and get an advance copy of the book, a copy of my other book (Uncinetto salvato la mia vita) and a discount code worth $100 of free advertising on Crochet Concupiscence.
Qualcosa di speciale
@foxslane led me to find out about the 1000 Doilies crochet art project. Fox’s Lane says: “Lisa Solomon, a Californian mixed media artist, is working towards a piece of art made up of 1,000 (sen in Japanese) doilies.”
She then quotes the project:
“1000 is a big deal in japanese culture. it’s wrapped up in luck and hope and clearly excess. così… in thinking about luck and placing it into my lexicon, my vocabulary, my means of working. 1000 doilies it is. and because of my fascination with color and color theory… 100 colors of thread. 10 doilies in each color to get to my 1000.”
Amo community art projects, especially ones like this that include crochet and culture!
Messaggi di Smart Crochet
- Knitting Deadlines: An Oxymoron. Smart @jordanapaige posts that also applies to self-imposed crochet deadlines.
- Crochet and Knitting Poetry. Sue of SIBOL asked people to share their crafty poetry and then put it together in this inspiring post.
- Smart Crochet Thoughts on Twitter. Aggregated by @elevenhandmade.
- Apps for Yarn Lovers. @websyarnstore shares info on some apps that knitters and crocheters use. This is a good supplement to my slightly-old article on 25 Crochet and Yarn Apps!
- Intervista con Twinkie Chan. New crafty blog Glimmerwood interviewed designer @twinkiechan where she answers questions about inspiration, writing patterns and dreams of a yarn line.
- Support Your Indie Designers. Smart post from @freshstitches who explains: “This post isn’t about money. This post is about what you can do to support indie designers- in ways that don’t use money.”
Rende bella Crochet
Just Do made this beautiful crochet squares blanket. Can you guess how many squares it includes? Pop over to the blog to find out.
@winkieflash ha creato il suo prossimo mandala uncinetto di sovrapposizione e questa è una foto dettagliata della stithces; full thing front and back is on her blog di uncinetto
Mi piace la combinazione di colore che luogo su Pammy citare in giudizio di Scotty scelto per questa nonna grande piazza coperta; also love the uncinetto bordure!
Secondo Matt (@mattscraftyblog) fatto questo uncinetto sciarpa volpe per sua sorella; check out all of the great photos and find the link to purchase the pattern on his blog di uncinetto.
Es Un Mundo Amigurumi made this crochet bear with pajamas
- How to Work in the Bottom Ridge Loop. A Lily Chin tip via @CrochetMe
- How to Do the Herringbone Half Double Crochet. Con dei tutorial da @mooglyblog
- How to Crochet the Single Crochet Thermal Stitch. This @newstitchaday tutorial (with crochet video) is a great choice for a warm, textured stitch pattern.
Tutorial cuore all'uncinetto di semplice Sunburst libero da Bunny mummia
Modello di fiore all'uncinetto gratis da Sue Suz posto e il letto di fiori
Modello sottobicchieri uncinetto gratis da Debi di Dly ganci e filati
Elleboro Tote, modello borsa crochet libero basato su motivo da @crochetkitten
12 Free Crochet Pillow Patterns via @allfreecrochet
@malabrigobuzz has released its first crochet ebook pattern collection with designs by Joanne Scrace (@notsogranny)
@allfreecrochet ha fatto una carrellata di Chevron Knitting and Crochet Patterns including half a dozen crochet chevron afghans and three other crochet chevron patterns
- @futuregirlcraft reviewed the terrific Zucchero e spezie crochet pattern book by @lindamade
- @GoCrochet has reviewed Wiggly Crochet Dishcloths by Susan Lowman, published by Annie’s Attic.
- JD over @craftgossip recommends “Crocheting in Plain English” by Maggie Righetti as the authoritative crochet reference book
- @crochetbyfaye shared a Flickr slideshow sneak preview of the 16 uncinetto progetti in her upcoming book Maglioni uncinetto Blueprint.
Video della settimana
Spotted thanks to a link on @LaMaisonBisoux
New spring Rowan Yarns via @websyarnstore
- @KnitPicks had a security breach that compromised some customer information. I have to say I give them some kudos for their transparency with their customers (including blogging about it publicly) around this situation. What was interesting was that there was a not-quite-the-same-but-similar enough situation this week with some crafty designers and it was not handled as well, as discussed in a post by @margotpotter.
- I piccoli tesori has opened a new Etsy store called Crochetella that sells, tra le altre cose, filati.
- Wool Stainless Steel. @lionbrandyarn shared images of some projects completed using this unique fiber. I had bought some of this last year (eek, or maybe it was even the year before) and never used it because I couldn’t quite figure out what to do with it. Ispirazione!
- Crochet Today did a post on yarn stores in San Francisco (and included tips on where to eat or grab a coffee nearby!) I’ve previously also done a post on 7 San Francisco Yarn Stores. Fatto divertente: It is logisitcally far easier to get yourself to an indie LYS in San Francisco than to get to a chain store since there are no big chain craft stores in the city.
Altre cose furbo
- @sheepishknit shared the terrific photos from the Valentine’s yarnbombing project called Sheepish Heart Bomb
- Top Tips for Craft Businesses. From @molliemakes via interview with @lovelypigeon
Qualche ringraziamento speciale
- Bilingual blog Country Maison for mentioning my Gancio per progetto Heal and including the Indiegogo widget in her sidebar.
- Wink of A Creative Being for doing a write-up on Gancio per guarire sul suo blog.
- Crochet Today for featuring my guest blog post on 4 Consigli per la scelta di un filato Baby.
- Thanks to my current blog sponsors: Wink of Un essere creativo, Tracy of Uncinetto felice, Jocelyn Sass of Jocelyn Designs, The Dragonfly Dutchess, Schemi uncinetto Mamachee, Yarn Circle Mentoring Program e Anastacia maglieria. You’re all terrific!
Buon fine settimana e buona lettura! Se questo non è abbastanza creativa lettura per voi, quindi si consiglia anche di controllare il “Arti e l'intelligenza” carrellata di amore di collegamento che ho fatto sul mio blog personale, Diario di una ragazza intelligente.