I cannot believe it’s almost the end of the year! Posso, Tuttavia, believe that I’ve seen yet another week of amazing crochet-related posts which are all rounded up for you here.
Qualcosa di speciale
This week’s special news is unfortunately sad news, the news that @KnitPurlGurl passed away this week. Most of you have already heard it already but I wanted to acknowledge it. I didn’t know her in person but I followed her online and felt a sense of loss upon hearing the news. Many people who did know her in person, come Stacey of @FreshStitches, have posted lovely things about her this week. My heart goes out to her family.
Smart in Crochet
- Recensione del libro: Clever Crocheted Accessories. The Crochet Dude reviews this Brett Bara book.
- Punta: Color Code Your Crochet Charts. A simple but smart tip from WEBS.
- Toe Up Sock Techniques. Crochet Kitten shares thoughts, tips and pattern ideas for crochet socks.
- Christmas Decoration Ideas. Elisabeth Andree shares ideas (and links to tutorials) for some Crochet Christmas decor options.
Rende bella Crochet
Avidi di colore shared photos of her open studio sale set-up and I loved every single thing I saw there.
Teacup Lane adds crochet to the new golf cart.
I love the combo of bright colors with grey on this crochet bag by Facile Cecile
- 3 Ways to Begin a Crochet Motif. CrochetMe shares three options for starting a project in the round.
- How to Crochet the Picot Stitch. 2 options from Moogly.
- How to Follow a Crochet Pattern. 5 Steps recommended by Knot by Gran’ma.
- USB Crochet Cactus. Che è giusto, it’s a crochet cactus that holds a USB stick. Free pattern. Via Knithacker.
- Faux Cable Cowl Pattern. Smart free crochet pattern from The Yarn Fix.
- Cosy-Up Crochet Blankie Edging Pattern. A free lacy shellblanket edge pattern from Adventures in Thread written in both US and UK terms. About.com Crochet wrote about blanket edging patterns this week as well.
- DIY Crochet Chain Scarf. A free beginner’s tutorial for a chain-based infinity crochet scarf from The Magic City Post.
- Plarn Picket Stitch Tote Bag. A free plarn pattern from My Recycled Bags.
- 10 Free Angel Crochet Patterns. A roundup from @armazey for Christmas.
- 10 Free Crochet Shawl Patterns. A roundup from @mooglyblog
- Giant Panda Crochet Pattern. A cute new pattern for sale from Planet June.
- Francamente, The Folksy Magazine intervistato Emma Lamb per loro “Meet the Maker” serie
- Stitch and Unwind tells us about Tara Murray in their Meet the Designer series
- Mollie rende interviews Melanie Chadwick for tips on running a crafty business.
How to Wind yarn into a Ball via the Berroco Design Studio blog
- 5 Reasons to Love your LYS. Do you agree with @FreshStitches on this one?
- The Quest for Yarn in Saudi Arabia. From Stitch Story.
Altre cose furbi
- Crochet blogger Lane Fox was painted by one of her readers. Super awesome.
- Pinterest for Indie Designers and Makers. Tips from Craftsy.
- Holiday Shipping Deadlines. Especially for you Etsy shippers but useful for others as well.
- 5 Crucial Considerations when Starting your Craft Business. Smart early business advice from @FreshStitches.
Special Crochet Thanks
- Sylvia Browder, founder of National Association Women on the Rise, per interviewing me about my new book and my writing life.
- I was also interviewed about the book by Crochet Queen Gwen Blakley Kinsler.
- A’Cloth The World for mentioning my article on VHS tape artist Adrian Kershaw in un post su recycled VHS Tape.
- Janet Fraser citano il mio 25 Uncinetto tecniche per imparare in a link roundup.
Have a terrific weekend. Enjoy reading all of these great articles. And remember to hit the share button if you like any of them so others see them too!