Rullo di tamburi per favore … Il vincitore del 2012 award for the best fiber farm blog is:
* Susan Gibbs of Juniper Moon Farm *
Best Fiber Farm Blog
Today’s Awesome Crochet Blog Award is for the best blog from a fiber farm. This is one of the few awards of the year that isn’t strictly for a crochet blog and in fact there is only rarely a post with crochet on the blog. Tuttavia, fiber farms are a really important part of the yarn craft industry and I think it’s worth paying attention to them now and then. A good one gives us some insight into the life of a farmer, celebrates yarncrafting and shares beautiful and inspiring yarn with the readers.
Informazioni su The Winner
Susan Gibbs left corporate New York City in search of a more authentic life and bought a farm in Pennsylvania where she raises Cormo sheep and angora goats for fiber. In just a short amount of time, she developed her own yarn line, launched the world’s first fiber CSA, added workshops to the farm and this year helped launch a new print magazine devoted to the crafty/homey arts. The Juniper Moon Farm blog keeps readers up to date about those things, shares photos I love about the animals from the farm (including the adorable guard dogs!) and generally shares farm life for those of us who wish to live vicariously.
3 Motivi The Winner Won
I follow the blogs of several fiber farms but I chose Juniper Moon Farm as the winner of this award because:
- The Yarned By You series. The blog regularly shares images and stories about the items readers make using Juniper Moon Farm yarn and patterns; recently there was a Crochet Gallery. This is a terrific celebration of the farm’s customers as well as a great way to really see what the yarns can do.
- The photos! Whether it’s the farm animals or the yarn made from their coats the photos always look like something I want to touch.
- I love Susan’s authentic voice on the blog. I really just feel like I’m getting periodic updates about farm life from a friend even though I don’t know her personally. She makes recommendations about crafts, books and other things readers may like. She’s a little witty, a little sweet, a little educational.
It didn’t affect my choice of winner in any way but I want to say a special thanks because Juniper Moon Farm launched By Hand craft magazine this year and included an article I wrote in their debut issue.
Che cosa è questo Crochet Blog Award?
Non sei sicuro di ciò che questo premio è tutto? E 'una delle mie annuali crochet blogger premi, dato su questo blog ogni giorno ogni dicembre. Scopri tutto su di esso qui.
Letture aggiuntive ...
- Collegamento Amore! Migliori Crochet Articoli Blog della settimana compresi i modelli di Crochet gratuito
- 40% Off Crochet salvato la vita questo fine settimana solo
- Sponsor Amore: Addolcire la vostra pelle con Lo-Lo da Bar-Maids (w / Giveaway)
- Transizioni continuò per questo Creative Blogger
- Intervista con Kathryn: I Crochet Domande marzo