Drumroll please … The winner of the 2012 award for the best personal posts from a crochet blogger is:
* Alicia Paulson of Posie Gets C0zy *
Best Personal Posts
Today’s Awesome Crochet Blog Award is for the best personal posts from a crochet blogger. When you get right down to it there are basically two types of crochet blogs. First are the business-y blogs which include crochet patterns, tutorials and insights into crochet design. Then there are the personal blogs from crafters who share their life as well as their crochet work. Naturalmente, most blogs have a little bit of both but this award is a celebration of the kind of blog that I go to just as much to hear about the blogger’s family life as to see their beautiful crochet work.
About The Winner
Alicia Paulson is a multi-craftual Portland-based maker. She runs Posie: Rosy Little Things, which she describes as “a one-woman production studio where I created handmade one-of-a-kind gifts, handbags, accessories, crochetwear, and original sewing, ricamo, and craft patterns.” Il suo blog, Posie Gets Cozy, shows off some of these items while providing insight into her truly cozy life. Each blog post begins with a series of photos from her recent life and then tells us what she’s been up to.
3 Reasons The Winner Won
There are many great personal blogs that feature crochet. It was tough to pick just one. I chose Alicia from Posie Gets Cozy in the end because:
- The photos of her new baby, Amelia, in crochet are so beautiful and touching. I’m not usually someone who gets mushy over babies but I get mushy when I see the lovely photos on this blog of the baby in crochet and other handmade items. I feel like she’s truly sharing her awesome family with us in all of her photos and these especially.
- She embodies “show not tell” on this blog. As a writer one of the best pieces of advice I ever got was to “show not tell” meaning to paint a picture with words rather than explicitly stating my points. Per essere onesti, I’m not that good at doing it, and maybe that’s why I admire it so much. On Posie Gets Cozy, we learn a lot about Alicia’s craft work but she doesn’t pound us over the head to check it out – she just shares it in both photos and words and it really works.
- Alicia does a great job of letting us into her life without spewing her soul onto us. It’s a tough line to toe as a blogger. You want to get personal without sharing inappropriate personal details. You want to keep your safety and privacy while still letting readers in. I think she does a terrific job of all of this and I admire that as a fellow blogger.
What Is This Crochet Blog Award?
Not sure what this award is all about? It’s one of my annual crochet blogger awards, given out on this blog every day each December. Learn all about it here.
Letture aggiuntive ...
- 2013 Impressionante Crochet Blog Awards: Migliori Crochet Links
- 2013 Impressionante Crochet Blog Awards: Miglior CAL
- 2013 Impressionante Crochet Blog Awards: Miglior Tutorial scritto
- 2013 Impressionante Crochet Blog Awards: Best Video Tutorial
- 2013 Impressionante Crochet Blog Awards: Migliori Guest Messaggi