Galler Yarns recently contacted a handful of bloggers to see if we’d like to be a part of the blog yarn tour for their Inca Eco Cotton Yarn. Che Blog tour has been going on nicely; I’ve loved seeing what everyone else wrote about their experience with the yarn. And now it’s my turn. Here’s an overview of the yarn and my succinct ten word review (my new yarn review signature).
Circa il filato
Inca Eco is an organic cotton thick-and-thin yarn that is imported from Peru. The skeins, which are sold wholesale (store locator here), sono 640 cantieri.
Il colore che ho usato
This yarn comes undyed or in various dyed colors, mostly earthy tones. I used a beautiful dusty blue. The color is consistent throughout the skein. Bella.
Che cosa maglia
I knew that I wanted to use this organic yarn to make a natural organic vase for my home. I made one, filled it with potpourri, topped it with a feather (until I can get a great fake rose) and added it to a vignette on my fireplace mantle.
My Succinct (quasi) 10 Parola filato recensione
- Morbido (so incredibly soft)
- Boucle (Non lo è, but the thick and thin nature of it makes it almost like a boucle in cotton)
- Locale (an odd choice, Lo so, but Galler Yarns is sold in at least two of my LYS so it feels local)
- Sì (I do recommend it!)
Il resto del Blog Tour
Check out what others made and had to say when it comes to this yarn:
- In the Loop did an interview with Star Galler
- Maglia ragazza rovescio showed some great knit swatching
- FreshStitches has a very thorough review
- Crafty Is Cool made fingerless gloves that highlight how soft this cotton is
- Chat carina Crochet shows a pretty pink version worked in the round
- Redshirt Knitting shares a knitted washcloth
- CraftSanity made a great cotton bracelet
- Mestiere Gossip made a shared a crochet cowl pattern
- Crafting a Green World with Julie Finn
- Crazy for Ewe
- Venerdì, Marzo 30 – Day 12 – Studio maglieria KRW
- Sabato, Marzo 31 – Day 13 – About.com with Sarah E. Bianco
- Domenica, Aprile 1 – Day 14 – Crafter sotterraneo
- Lunedì, Aprile 2 – Day 15 – Monarch Knitting and Quilts