The next blog up on my list is Carrie Wolf. I’m excited to check out her blogroll because she not only blogs about crochet but also shares her other crafty interests including needlepoint, glass blowing and pottery. So while I don’t yet know if I’m going to find any new crochet blogs to follow here, I do bet that I’ll get a chance to see some great new creative blogs that I’m not familiar with as I start this post.
First let me tell you a little bit about Carrie Wolf because her site has a few really good crochet things worth checking out. Per esempio, she’s got a couple of crochet patterns. She also has a tutorial on inserting lining and a zipper into a crochet purse. Now, she hasn’t actually updated this blog since October but I’ve gone ahead and decided to explore her blogroll anyway because she’s been consistently blogging since 2006 so I know she’s going to be back.
Let’s see what she reads:
Tier One Blogs
These blogs are on the blogroll but they’re also already in the big list of blogs I already read. Imponente.
- Tapestry Crochet. You may recall that this blog by Carol Ventura received my December blogger award for miglior blog di nicchia crochet.
Blogs That Have Already Been Hooked Together
These blogs are on the blogroll but they’ve already been linked to because they were on the blogroll in a previous Hooked Together post. Also awesome.
- Posie Gets Cozy. Hooked Together by Nest Estetica e Bunny Mummy.
- The Long Thread. Hooked Together by Nest Estetica. @thelongthread
- The Purl Bee. Hooked Together by Anastacia Knits. @purlbee
New-to-Me Crochet Blogs
Multicraftual Blogs with Crochet Posts
- Happy Zombie. Beautifully fun little craft blog with a little crochet and a lot of quilty goodness. @happy_zombie
- Lankalauantai. Non-English blog that Google Translate tells me translates to Yarn Saturday. Only a little crochet but lots of gorgeous photos of yarn and many other things.
- Modern Country. Multilingual blog with English translation option built in. All about contemporary country-style decor and living. Includes vintage crochet plus what the blogger’s making.
- Fiber Focus. Awesome blog about all things fiber arts related.
- Smoking Hot Needles. Mostly knitting and spinning (with terrific yarn eye candy photos) but occasional crochet as well.
- A Year of Inconvenience. This blogger refused to use convenience foods for a full year and blogged about it. The blog is now periodically updated with food stuff.
- Bonita Sarita photoblog. What lovely photography! And this blog’s been up since 2005 so there’s a lot to check out in the archives!
- The Black Apple. Creative blog from artist Emily Winfield Martin. @MsEmilyApple
- Kristina Klarin. A beautiful photo blog.
- Lovely at Your Side. Two crafty sisters write about quilting, stile, weddings, and other crafty life things. @lovelyonthego
- Hatstruck. A Los Angeles milliner’s blog about hat stuff. Fun! @hatstruck
- Nuts About Needlepoint. Looks like a great resource for needlepointers.
- Russell Brand. Comedian’s website. @rustyrockets
- The Beauty You Love. A gorgeous creative blog by a ceramic artist. I love what she’s doing with lace textured ceramics.
- This Artist’s Life. Beautiful blog of a pottery artist. @whitneyspottery
- El Gringo Loco. Photography and video blog.
Sites, Not Blogs
- Bdid Jewelry. This is a site, not blog, for some lovely beaded jewelry.
- Calvin Nichols Paper Sculpture and Design. Site, not blog, for a stunning paper sculpture artist. Wow.
- Central Texas Wildflowers. Photos of wildflowers from Carrie Wolf’s Austin Texas backyard.
- Dean Wolf Photography. This is a great photography site from what I’m assuming is a husband or relative of Carrie Wolf. Bonus: It includes some lovely photos of crocheted works.
- Environmental News Network. Site for eco-friendly information. @EnnNews
- Handweaving.net. A site all about handweaving including drafts for handweaving. @handweavingnet
- Julia Mogwitz. Site of a creative hatmaker; note the site’s in German.
- Kendra Binney. Website for daydreaming painter @kendrabinney.
- Lisa Albinger. Painter’s website and gallery. She actually also does have a painting blog.
- Ravelry. But we all know this one right?!
- My Picot. Informative crochet and knitting technique site.
- Stitchamaze. Needlepoint artist’s virtual gallery.
- Swedish Weave Designs. Website and estore.
- Verde Camp. Eco-friendly Austin guest houses for travelers. @verdecamp
For the purposes of Hooked Together, a blog is considered out of date if it hasn’t had a post in the past couple of months.
- DeanWolf.net. Glassblowing blog. The website is up to date however. It’s at Wolf Art Glass. Very pretty work!
- Glass Fancy. Infrequently updated blog from a fused glass jewelry maker.
- Weaving Finlander. Not updated since 2008.
What did I find? I actually found a couple new multi-craft blogs that I’ll be subscribing to including the fiber arts one. I also got to see lots of other pretty crafty things. And I’m happy to see that there’s a link between this blogroll and three others that have been Hooked Together previously. We’re all so connected!