Welcome to the next installment of Hooked Insieme. In this project, I explore the blogrolls of crochet / yarn blogs that I already follow. The purpose is to find great new crochet sites that I don’t already know and to share them with you. Another purpose is to draw connections between blogs, seeing how we in the crochet community are related via the blogs we all follow and connect through.
This week the blog that I’m exploring links through is AG Mode. AG Mode is a blog by Andrea Graciarena who is AGMode on Twitter. Andrea is a crochet and knit pattern designer whose work has been featured in several magazines including Crochet World. She has Artfire and Etsy stores under the AGMode name. Andrea started this blog in 2008 and uses it to share news and information about her patterns and designs.
AG Mode is a Blogger blog, which means that it has links in the sidebar as well as “blogs I like” links in the author’s profile. I looked at both for Hooked Together. I discovered that my blog is listed in the sidebar – thanks Andrea! Here’s what else I found links to:
Already a Crochet Blog I Follow
- Cute Crochet Chat. This blog by Jocelyn Sass (@CuteCrochet). The best way to learn more about this crochet blog is to check out the review and interview by An Open Book that was done when CuteCrochet participated in my Hookin’ Up crochet blog project.
- Designing Vashti. Vashti Braha is an active blogger in a bunch of different areas of the web but this is the main blog, and the one that won the “best crochet blog” Flamie award this year. So, because @vashtirama beat me out for it. :-p
- Official Site of the Crochet Liberation Front. Speaking of the Flamies, this is, naturalmente, the site responsible for them. Yay! Incidentalmente, AG Mode’s link is to the old blog but my link is to the current version of the @CrochetLibFront blog.
- Go Crochet. I’ve mentioned this blog before in Hooked Together. It’s the first blog that I did a crochet guest post on. Thanks Ellen! @GoCrochet shares patterns, recensioni, reveals and such on this crochet blog.
- Handy Hooker. @rottnluck shares photo-rich posts on this blog of her crochet work and her life and family.
- Positivamente Crochet. I adore this blog by crochet designer Mary Jane Hall, where she shares her work and inspirations. I especially like the fashion-inspiration posts she does.
Already Featured on Another Hooked Together Post
There weren’t any blogs on this blogroll that I’d already featured on another Hooked Together post. Tuttavia, I thought I’d mention that AG Mode was linked actually linked to on another Hooked Together post: About.com’s blogroll.
New-to-Me Crochet Blogs
- CGOA Now. This is the blog that provides news and update information for the Crochet Guild of America. To be honest, this isn’t a new-to-me crochet blog but it’s not one that I follow either, despite the fact that I’m actually a Guild member. Bad me. I just don’t think it’s the best way to keep track of this particular site, but if you’ve never seen the blog before then check it out and see if it’s for you!
Multi-craftual Blogs that include Crochet
- California Crafters Blog on Etsy. This is a group of Etsy artisans all from California who collectively showcase their work on the blog. Fun!
- Team Sassy Blog: Sellers Assisting Sellers. This is another Etsy team group blog. Great resource for information about selling items on Etsy.
- Botanical Bird. This is a blog related to gardening and nature as well as nature-inspired and handcrafted jewelry.
- Knit Purl Gurl. I’m actually surprised that this is the first time that @knitpurlgirl showed up in Hooked Together because I happened to be familiar with this cute knitting blog even though I don’t knit.
- Muse Silk Paintings. This is a blog by a silk painter who wants to share art and fashion finds. Very fun blog premise! I especially like the fashion posts.
Out of Date Blogs
- Bululu Studio.
- CPSIA Supplier Compliance.
- Craftomania Tools.
- Raquel Gonzalez.
- Miss Butler’s Blog.
- Signed with Love: Handcrafted Signs and More.
- Timothy Adam Designs: Bringing Metal to Life.
- Tumbleweed Studios.
What did I find? First I’d like to note that the out of date blog links aren’t on the sidebar of the blog. They are in the “blogs I like” section of the blogger’s profile. This isn’t surprising since people follow Blogger blogs for a variety of reasons (including joining giveaways). I have a Blogger account (for the purpose of commenting on certain blogs) and if someone looked at my lengthy “blogs I like” list there, they would probably find tons of out of date stuff. So I always expect that. What else? AG Mode reads a lot of the same crochet blogs that I do! I was happy to find the two Etsy blogs and will start following those. And although it’s not crochet related, I liked the silk paintings blog and found it fun to discover that.
Nota: I am seeking sponsors for the Hooked Together project. Contact me via gmail (kathryn.vercillo) or Twitter (@CrochetBlogger) if you’re interested in sponsoring a week/month of this project.