Drumroll please … The winner of the 2012 award for the best blog in a specific niche of crochet is:
* Streetcolor *
Best Niche Crochet Blog Award
Today’s Awesome Crochet Blog Award is for the crochet blogger who does the best work in a very specific niche of crochet. A niche can be a specific type of crochet, comme Tapisserie Crochet, or technique in crochet, comme Interlocking Crochet. Niche blogs are hard to keep up over time because you have to have a true passion for one specific part of the craft in order to keep blogging about it in a fresh way on a consistent basis. The great thing for readers is that they often go into more depth about the niche than a general craft blog would. That’s exactly why these blogs are so important.
About The Winner
Streetcolor is a California-based yarnbomber (who started as a team but I believe is now a solo artist). Yarnbombing combines knitting and crochet with art, public statements and sometimes non-profit work, making it a unique niche of crochet. Streetcolor started Yarnbombing in 2010 and has since done many projects and installations. She blogs about her own work as well as the work of others doing international yarnbombing. I should note that Streetcolor’s work is actually knit, not crochet, but the yarnbombing she shares from others includes both crafts.
3 Reasons The Winner Won
There are a lot of cool crochet blogs in various niches. I ultimately chose Streetcolor for this year’s niche crochet blog award winner because:
- She always has the latest news in her niche. In recent months I’ve noticed a slew of posts about international yarnbombing projects. I almost always find projects here I hadn’t heard of yet and often they are amazing large-scale projects that I really want to know about. Par exemple, it was here that I first found out about post-Earthquake yarnbombing in Italy.
- Streetcolor explains why her niche is important. She includes a lot of relevant information and commentary on what she’s writing about from an insider’s perspective, helping to spread the word about why yarnbombing matters to people who may not understand.
- I loved her January 2012 post on How to Take Down a Yarnbomb in case you ever need to.
What Is This Crochet Blog Award?
Not sure what this award is all about? It’s one of my annual crochet blogger awards, given out on this blog every day each December. Learn all about it here.
Lectures supplémentaires ...
- Lien d'amour! Meilleures Crochet Messages blog de la semaine y compris les patrons de crochet gratuits
- 40% Off Crochet Saved My Life cette semaine
- Sponsor Amour: Adoucir votre peau avec Lo-Lo par Bar-Maids (w / Giveaway)
- Transitions reconduit à cet Creative Blogger
- Entretien avec Kathryn: Les crochet Questions mars