Le tricot et crochet Show est la conférence bi-annuelle mis sur pied par les crochet et tricot guildes d'Amérique. The fall event is happening soon – the weekend of September 15th, in Reno, Nevada. You can go there to explore new techniques through classes with a variety of well-known crochet teachers. You can mingle with crochet designers, authors and other experts in the field. And you can check out the vendor booths to buy crochet patterns, livres, crochets, fil et plus.
If you only get a chance to stop at one booth in Reno you’ll want to make sure that it’s the Crochet Liberation Front’s booth. That’s because Laurie of the CLF will be representing multiple great products in the booth that weekend. Some of the things that you’ll be able to see, touch and purchase from this booth:
- Crochet a sauvé ma vie. Ma nouveau livre is going to be on display in the booth. You’ll be able to order your copy there from Laurie if you haven’t gotten it yet.
- Roches de crochet Chaussettes. This new book by designer Karen Ratto-Whooley will be available as well. Crochet socks are just starting to get really popular, il semble, so hop on the trend! Karen will also be selling her other patterns as well.
- Rowan’s Learn to Crochet Sampler Afghan. Laurinda Reddig’s new book of patterns is going to debut at this event. You may remember that Laurinda is one of the women who shared her story for my book. (Laurie is, trop, for that matter.) I’m so proud of her that she’s gotten this new pattern book ready for sale.
- Crochet Kits from Multiple Designers. MyCrochetKits.com will have crochet kits available for sale. They come from multiple designers such as Sharon Silverman’s whose book Echarpes crochet I just recently reviewed.
- Craftwich Items. Craftwich sells hand carved crochet hooks, wooden buttons, shawl pins and more. Great for a crocheter to add to her collection of notions and tools!
- Jelly Yarns. Last December I did a book giveaway of the Jelly Yarns book, a pattern book using this really unique thin plastic yarn. Jelly Yarns contacted me out of the blue and offered to add some yarn to the book for my giveaway. That was awesome and I’ve been a big supporter of them ever since. Jelly Yarns will have their yarn on display and will be debuting new mini-skeins so you can test out what they have to offer.
Many of the sellers will be joining Laurie in the booth and around the convention so make sure that you say hi. Malheureusement, J'ai des obligations familiales et ne serai pas là pour l'événement, mais je suis tellement fier d'avoir mon livre représenté ici dans un tel stand!
En savoir plus sur l'événement Reno ici.