Of all of the crochet blog posts that I read this week these are the ones that most caught my attention. Enjoy!
The latest issue of Interweave Crochet had a great feature showing how to take a photo with an iPhone, pixelate it to make a graph and use that graph to crochet the photo. Interweave’s CrochetMe blog has shared that on the blog. I love this high tech approach to our low tech craft. Maybe I’ll need to update my article on 25 crochet and yarn apps to include apps like this one.
Smart Words About Crochet
- How Much Marketing Should Craft Bloggers do for Craft Companies. A smart guest post by @sisterdiane of CraftyPod on Oh My! Handmade Goodness.
- The Mighty Crochet Chain Stitch. Nice little celebration of this basic stitch from @tonilrex of @crochetme.
Belles choses que les gens faisant du crochet
Visitez This Mama Makes Stuff to learn more about how to make crochet necklaces like these from @thisiscarrie
Visitez Cherry Heart to learn more about this adorable granny inspired bag.
A pattern for these will be forthcoming on Crochets et plus
Great Crochet Interviews
- Interview with Twinkie Chan. It’s Crochet Month over @TheMakingSpot and that includes lots of goodness including a Twinkie Chan interview.
Helpful Crochet Tips
- Standing Double Crochet Join. Alternative option for joining yarn. Thanks @gocrochet.
- How to Crochet with Ruffle Yarn. Video tips from @jimmybeanswool
Great Crochet Patterns and Tutorials
- How to Make a Crochet Bow Ring. Super cute easy wire crochet idea from Sellz (via @craftgossip)
- Magic Ring Video Tutorial. @planetjune has a new video tutorial for her popular instructions to crochet the magic ring. I personally actually don’t use the magic ring much but I know it’s favored by many crocheters.
- Crochet Sweater and Cardigan Patterns. Whip Up has a nice roundup of good free and paid crochet patterns for cardigans and sweaters.
- How to Make Yarn from Sheets. Thanks for the guide @creativejmom!
- New Yarn Blog. Fave Crafts has launched a new blog called Stitch and Unwind.
- Galler Yarns Blog Tour. Check out all of the stops to learn more about this yarn. The your stops here next Thursday.
Other Fun Crochet Blog Posts
- More on Toshiko Horiuchi MacAdam. Butterscotch Tabby shared a post about this playground crochet artist that I profiled here on the blog earlier this year.
- Interview with Designer Ruth Maddock. Part of the crochet month celebration over @themakingspot
And Some Special Thanks This Week
- @handmadeology published part three in my four part series for offline marketing of online businesses. It’s about building connections with local stores.
Lectures supplémentaires ...
- Lien d'amour! Meilleures Crochet Messages blog de la semaine y compris les patrons de crochet gratuits
- Supérieur 10 Crochet Patterns gratuit de la semaine (Lien d'amour)
- Où est l' (Crochet référence) Amour?
- 20+ Meilleurs nouveaux modèles au crochet gratuit et crochet Tutoriels (Mid-Week référence amour)
- Je fais du crochet Blogs de coeur! Link Love This Week!